Class action, good news - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-03-2017
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 154 Times in 110 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujabe View Post
It's under warranty - I didn't feel I could expect anybody else to inspect/diagnose the problem on their own dime, and didn't feel like I should have to frig around myself too much to get a result. But I clearly made the mistake of expecting at least one of three different Jeep branded workshops to have some clue as to WTF they're doing. At a bare minimum, even put the thing on a goddamn hoist and have a look. Sorry. My fault apparently. I've leaned my lesson now, won't be handing another dollar to a Jeep dealership, either for a service or another vehicle. I like the vehicle but I'm not chancing going through that bullshit again.
I agree with you, but after a lifetime of being fobbed of by dealers of all makes, I now take it to someone who isn't affiliated if they stuff me around.

It isn't a Jeep thing, it is an industry thing, ask a panel beater what they think about insurance companies ideas of a fair rate of pay.
Like I said earlier at least Jeep is acknowledging the issue, try Toyota, Ford, Holden etc.
They just ignore you completely, the Ford Focus stopping for no apparent reason, is now a class action.
When it happened with the VW Golf DSG gearbox, it was National news worthy, just depends who is paying the advertising dollars or who is connected IMO.
They are all the same, at least Jeep is fixing things, shame they aren't fixing their service costs.

But having said that, they will have to fix their servicing costs, or people wont get it serviced there.

It is just dumb, thinking people will pay stupid prices, when money is tight.

In Mandurah ( W.A) the Reading cinema has dropped it prices from $17 to $10, now the place is packed, when it was $17 they had 5 people watching a movie.
The businesses have to realise, when times are tough, putting up prices isn't going to increase revenue.

Last edited by 08crd; 28-03-2017 at 10:39 PM.
Old 28-03-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 154 Times in 110 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I guess what I'm saying is, I'm not paying $620 every 6 months for an oil change, whether it needs it or not.

The service interval states 10,000klm's or 6 months, I'm retired I will be lucky to do 3,000klm's in 6 months and they want another $620 it ain't going to happen.

Just a real F#@ing stupid idea, that is going to cost them heaps of money.

If they were sensible and said 12months 10,000klms, I wouldn't have a problem, but 6 months is just gouging.

They need to adopt a holistic approach, they have a good product, just need to adopt a sensible after sales approach.
Price spares reasonably, price services reasonably, make service intervals sensible.
Everything else will work out, they have the product, it is just the peripheral crap that kills them.
Old 29-03-2017
RubiconSlammer

Liked 279 Times in 197 Posts

In my experience some dealers can be incompetent regardless of which brand they are selling or servicing.
Old 29-03-2017
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a 2005 WH GC Hemi, now has 200,000 klms and is running great. over the last 14 months - I have had 4 recall notices - to do with the so-called Ignition Switch, 3 of the notices required me to take the vehicle into a dealership for an inspection (presumably to get an idea of how many parts they had to order for Australian vehicles) The last notice I received was to actually replace the Ignition Switch. The vehicle was booked in at 8:00am and was returned to me at 11:30am the same day. As I do all of my own servicing and repairs - the vehicle has only been to that dealership three times in its life - needless to say I was impressed. However I have to join in on the bandwagon regarding dealership costs and disappointments.
Old 29-03-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 83 Times in 46 Posts

I agree it's getting stuffed around by dealers and the time spent trying to convince them to fix a problem that has tainted the brand for me. It's definitely not limited to Jeep dealers though. I've had a good experience so far at the new Brisbane City one, so we'll see.

On another note, the poor sales are probably good if you are actually in the market for a new wk2. I have had a few phone calls now from dealers trying to offload MY15 stock with $14k discounts, etc. So they should when MY17 is due, but you could certainly get a bargain it seems.
Old 29-03-2017
RubiconSlammer

Liked 279 Times in 197 Posts

Yeah, I've been getting calls, texts and letters in the mail the past couple months. Some good offers, but I'm not in the market.