Lift and Tyres of your JK - Page 11 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2010
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Just finished the mopar 2in (blue) spring install. Was asked via PM about the figures, so thought I would repost my reply in the lift thread.

First before and after are ground to bottom lip of guard running vertical through centre of wheel with 35psi on stock 245/75 17" tyres at 3 weeks old (1000km) imediately before and after the springs were installed.

After2 is 24 hours later and dropped to 30psi as the misses was complaining of the ride being too stiff. With the 5psi drop it rides pretty much exactly the same as I did stock springs. She is still complaining about the height though, thinks it looks to feral...

After3 is at the sime time as After2, measuring between the top of the tyre and the bottom lip of the guard. Unfortunately I did not measure this distance before, but is pretty easy to calculate anyways.

In mm_____Before_After_After2_After3
Left Rear___898___961___960___175
Right Rear__898___959___955___180
Left Front__905___972___965___190
Right Front_905___972___970___185

Bottom line, on a totally stock 3 week old 2 door petrol with plastic bumpers and a mopar towbar, it gave me 63mm lift on the rear and 67mm on the front.

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
RnR

Last edited by SeaComms; 04-07-2010 at 04:06 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 04-07-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Has anybody fitted the mopar coils to a 2dr CRD with front bar? I am tossing up whether I want to go this way, but I am unsure if the lift will leave the car level with the heavier CRD engine and bar up front (I also have a winch).

It worries me a bit that specific springs aren't made for the CRD (sounds like its one spring spec for both petrol and diesel, 2dr and 4dr), I won't bother with the lift if it leaves the car with a "nose-down" stance...
Old 04-07-2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaComms View Post
Just finished the mopar 2in (blue) spring install. Was asked via PM about the figures, so thought I would repost my reply in the lift thread.

First before and after are ground to bottom lip of guard running vertical through centre of wheel with 35psi on stock 245/75 17" tyres at 3 weeks old (1000km) imediately before and after the springs were installed.

After2 is 24 hours later and dropped to 30psi as the misses was complaining of the ride being too stiff. With the 5psi drop it rides pretty much exactly the same as I did stock springs. She is still complaining about the height though, thinks it looks to feral...

After3 is at the sime time as After2, measuring between the top of the tyre and the bottom lip of the guard. Unfortunately I did not measure this distance before, but is pretty easy to calculate anyways.

Bottom line, on a totally stock 3 week old 2 door petrol with plastic bumpers and a mopar towbar, it gave me 63mm lift on the rear and 67mm on the front.

i have the same lift as you and a good set of shocks will do alot for the ride, it dosnt look feral mate, chicks dont get it weird handbags and shoes look feral
Old 04-07-2010
DetroitDemon

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

looks good seacooms. Nice and proportional
Old 05-07-2010
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaComms View Post

[IMG]http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=41066&stc=1&d=1278152788[/IMG

Makes sure you undo both panhards and all control arm bolts if you haven't already to allow the bushes to settle again at the new ride height. If you don't the ride will be affected by the tension in the bushings (they will be twisted) but worse the bushings will wear prematurely and on the JK you can't just buy new bushings you have to buy new control arms (or aftermarket items).
Old 05-07-2010
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Very good reminder for everyone Yom.

But being a good boy, I losened them all off whilst the dif was still sitting up on the jack at normal ride position (also undid brake line attachement to frame on the rear and sway bar connections and ABS wiring to the wheels on the front) then dropped the diff, changed the springs, jacked it back up til just lifted off the stands and tightened them all back up.

If I hadn't my father and brother would have both shot me (both mechanics)

Dropping the tyres to 30PSI all round has changed the ride from noticeably stiffer to about the same as it was before.

Would like to look into trackbar relocation bracket for the front, its not far off, bout about 5 to 10mm at a glance and its just annoying Would rather a relocation bracket that brings the mounts closer to a flat bar though to reduce bumpsteer.

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club

Last edited by SeaComms; 05-07-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 12-07-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Seem to get more lift on the 2 door, with my v6 four door I reckon 6 months on my mopar coils coupled with a 30mm spacer (although they removed the factoring rubber coil spacer when installing the 30mm spacers which practically made it a waste of time as there is prob only 15-20mm gained at most). Mine feels like it rides only around 1 inch higher than standard. Having said that though I have mopar winch bullbar and rear bar and side rails installed so I guees that doesn't help either, nor to the factory shocks I spose either.

I have just picked up a demo rubicon 4dr that I am having the springs put into again but with the lovells shocks as well. I am adding all the bars again and am thinking of coupling them with a 2 inch coil spacer kit all around. I figure once you remove the rubber coil spacer from the factory and swap in the 2 inch spacers I will end up with a full 2-2.5 inch lift once settled. Also going to add poly airs in the rear straight away as I found after going on a three week trip with the car fully loaded the whole time the rear really settled a bit lower after that trip.

Cheers

Andrew
Post New Thread  Reply