Compliance Plate:- Tare GVM & GCM 2.8ltr - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-03-2010
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Compliance Plate:- Tare GVM & GCM 2.8ltr

Have to get the Tare weight, GVM and GCM (? don't know what GCM stands for... is it Gross Kerb Mass but kerb spelt with a c?? seing as its USA origin) for a 12/06 2.8ltr CRD

Vehicle inspection tomorrow am at Vic Roads and although I have the handbook ect nowhere is it listed or I am blind & I need to supply this info.
H E L P needed P L E A S E

Glen helped finding the plate on the 'B' pillar (which Pipeliner advised was the manufacturers plate) thanks guys... my KJ being silver I didn't see that till Glen pointed out where to look and sure enough the GVM is stamped there but no weight!!

Went on the Jeep website but no archive tab that I can see either.

Probably being a painful newbie and hapless female... just dont want to have to front up to the inspection without all the info as likely they wont process without it.
Cheers,
Elle
Old 18-03-2010
Banned

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You can look it up on the DOTARS RVCS database website - use the compliance number from the australian compliance plate.
Old 18-03-2010
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

According to the Jeep Spec sheet that came from my dealer when I bought mine the CRD Kerb weight is 1953 kg.

Curb weight (US English) or Kerb weight (UK/Commonwealth English) is the total weight of a vehicle with standard equipment, all necessary operating consumables (e.g. motor oil and coolant), a full tank of fuel, while not loaded with either passengers or cargo.[1][2]

This definition may differ from definitions used by governmental regulatory agencies or other organizations, for example, many European Union manufacturers include the weight of a 75 kilogram driver to follow European Directive 95/48/EC.[3] Additionally, organizations may define curb weight with fixed levels of fuel and other variables to equalize the value for the comparison of different vehicles.

Tare really is a commercial/freight term for without load, which I believe would be equivalent to kerb - otherwise gross would no longer be tare + payload (pointless being fully laden but out of fuel etc). It could be empty weight which in your case would be about 75kg less than the Kerb Weight or 1878kg.

GVM is the Gross Combined Mass which is the maximum carrying capacity of the KJ CRD (including any ball weight ) - I think.
Old 18-03-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz View Post
You can look it up on the DOTARS RVCS database website - use the compliance number from the australian compliance plate.
Thanks for this lead Miraz - but I still can't find the 'compliance' plate. Pipeliner said it was under the bonnet... nothin is stuck under the bonnet...stamped on the bonnet or surround on the engine bay or fire wall-as I said I could be blind as - but gee... you'd reckon it would be in at least an visible place that you would notice.
Old 18-03-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
According to the Jeep Spec sheet that came from my dealer when I bought mine the CRD Kerb weight is 1953 kg.

Curb weight (US English) or Kerb weight (UK/Commonwealth English) is the total weight of a vehicle with standard equipment, all necessary operating consumables (e.g. motor oil and coolant), a full tank of fuel, while not loaded with either passengers or cargo.[1][2]

This definition may differ from definitions used by governmental regulatory agencies or other organizations, for example, many European Union manufacturers include the weight of a 75 kilogram driver to follow European Directive 95/48/EC.[3] Additionally, organizations may define curb weight with fixed levels of fuel and other variables to equalize the value for the comparison of different vehicles.

Tare really is a commercial/freight term for without load, which I believe would be equivalent to kerb - otherwise gross would no longer be tare + payload (pointless being fully laden but out of fuel etc). It could be empty weight which in your case would be about 75kg less than the Kerb Weight or 1878kg.

GVM is the Gross Combined Mass which is the maximum carrying capacity of the KJ CRD (including any ball weight ) - I think.
Thanks for this info Glen - great support ... I should be able to fill the forms out now
Old 18-03-2010
Greying Nomad

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

GCM is Gross Combination Mass and is the maximum weight of the car and trailer.
GVM is Gross Vehicle Mass and is the maximum weight of the loaded car including trailer towball weight.

So if you drive the car and trailer onto a weighbridge, when the four car wheels are on the bridge the weight must not exceed GVM and when all six wheels of car and trailer are on the weight must not exceed GCM.

I'll go down to the carpark at lunchtime and tell you where my compliance plate is!
Old 18-03-2010
Greying Nomad

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeln View Post
Thanks for this lead Miraz - but I still can't find the 'compliance' plate. Pipeliner said it was under the bonnet... nothin is stuck under the bonnet...stamped on the bonnet or surround on the engine bay or fire wall-as I said I could be blind as - but gee... you'd reckon it would be in at least an visible place that you would notice.
Pipeliner got it wrong - not the first time that's happened.

On mine the ADR compliance plate is a stamped aluminium plate fixed to the bottom of the 'B'-pillar and is visible when you open the driver's door. The Jeep build date is on a printed paper sticker on the end of the passenger door just below the latch mechanism.

According to Jeep Horizons, for a 2005 CRD the GCM is 4,600kg, the GVM is 2,560kg and the kerb weight is 1,950kg. The maximum trailer weight is 2,270kg and the maximum towball weight is 340kg. Not sure how accurate these values are as the trailer and towball limits are different from the ones on my Mopar hitch which gives the trailer weight as 2,800kg and the towball weight as 280kg!

Last edited by Pipeliner; 18-03-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply