ECB bullbar - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-05-2018
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hi Imaz
Don't know if a OBD2 scanner would pick up a faulty sensor, try turn off the sensors and move the car turn on again and see if fault is still there.
If still faulty take a sensor from the rear and swap them 1 at a time to see if a faulty sensor shows up. The insulating washer ring may cause the fault if damaged.
Old 29-05-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 108 Times in 74 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny72 View Post
Hi Imaz
Don't know if a OBD2 scanner would pick up a faulty sensor, try turn off the sensors and move the car turn on again and see if fault is still there.
If still faulty take a sensor from the rear and swap them 1 at a time to see if a faulty sensor shows up. The insulating washer ring may cause the fault if damaged.
The sensors are constantly OFF now, cant change them to ON as there is a fault message.

I'm gonna take the bar off again and inspect each of the sensors yet again and try them before putting the bar on again.

In the mean time, I have an obd2 reader on the way as well as ordered 4 new sensors.

I just hope I haven't done any further damage if there was a wire shorting out somewhere.
Old 31-05-2018
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Its been raining here today in Perth, so I went over to bunnings to pickup some cable ties as I intend to take off the bull bar again to check each of the sensors over this long weekend.

After coming back from bunnings, I noticed the evic popped up "Service Park Assist" for no apparent reason. I ignored it as its nothing new, but it was strange it popped up while driving.

As I got back to the office, I popped it into reverse, and there you have it. The thing starts to beep as if nothing ever happened.

Bizarro.

Contemplating if I should still take off the bar to double check everything, or was it the rain which shorted whatever wiring connection back in place temporarily.
Old 02-07-2018
Renegade

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

When I first purchased my 2012 Overland (2016), it already had an ECB bar fitted. I had issues after rain with my parking sensors alarming. It was very annoying and I kept a rag in the car to clean them after every shower. I noted they were slightly off centre to thier holes and I used a jewellers screwdriver to manipulate their position. That was a year ago and they no longer alarm with rain, they still function well as I park close to my garage door and they tell me every time I park and leave. I'm still looking for a winch option with the ECB bar if anyone has a solution.

2012 WK2 GC Overland CRD
Old 02-07-2018
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ_andy View Post
When I first purchased my 2012 Overland (2016), it already had an ECB bar fitted. I had issues after rain with my parking sensors alarming. It was very annoying and I kept a rag in the car to clean them after every shower. I noted they were slightly off centre to thier holes and I used a jewellers screwdriver to manipulate their position. That was a year ago and they no longer alarm with rain, they still function well as I park close to my garage door and they tell me every time I park and leave. I'm still looking for a winch option with the ECB bar if anyone has a solution.
I havent been able to see a winch compatible ECB bar on their website, though I have seen ECB's with winches on GC's - So they do sell them.

Correct me If I am wrong, but I think you can retro fit a winch behind the ECB. Get something like a Chiefs hidden winch mount, and cut a large enough mouth for the winch rope on the ecb. The ECB vertical bracket may need to be modified/shaved a bit to allow the chief winch mount to sit flush. The Winch mouth looks easy enough to retro fit onto an ECB. Obviously acquiring a chiefs hidden winch mount is not your cheapest solution but if you already have an ECB then may as well make use of it?

BTW regarding my sensors, I think 1 if not 2 are busted. I have purchased 4 new ones from China with the same part number. Surprisingly enough, they look identical to the stock sensors, with all the Chrysler logo, Made in Mexico etc with the Bosch branding. Worked out like $7ea

Just trying to find a sunny day to paint them and give them ago. Hopefully that is it as the entire system has errored on me for over a month.

Last edited by imaz; 02-07-2018 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-07-2018
Senior Newbie

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Won’t work on the ECB. Not enough space between the bumper which is still on the vehicle and the bull bar itself. Plus not sure it can take the load/stress if not connected to the chassis directly? Be dangerous I reckon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2018
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWK2 View Post
Won’t work on the ECB. Not enough space between the bumper which is still on the vehicle and the bull bar itself. Plus not sure it can take the load/stress if not connected to the chassis directly? Be dangerous I reckon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wouldnt the hidden winch mount allow you to fit back the bumper cover as if it werent there? Majority of the mount sits between the bumper cover and radiator?

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk