Self help time for slow diesel fill problem - Page 53 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-08-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
Yeah thats why its called the STEVIL fix but it is still only good for 90% of the time and you still need to stick to the code, slope away from pump etc
Steve, which pumps do you generally use? Truck high flow, or as well standard car ones? where does it fail most?
Old 31-08-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the thing that always got me about this picce of stupdity they designed as a filler was simply "WHY". the tank runs down the right side of the vehicle . all that was required was to put a hole in the side panel on the passenger side, and drop a 50mm hose straight down in to the top of the tank. problem disappears, and it could have been filled with a bloody firehose if necessary.. i looked at doing this myself ages ago, but the cost of removing the tank, having it cleaned, a new nozzle welded on and the old one blanked off was a bit of cost (plastic welding) and cutting hole in rear panel and getting surround and stuff. was very involved in the end the long range tank didn't cost a lot more.
Old 31-08-2009
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 71 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeJK View Post
It’s obvious the whole filling systems wasn’t well engineered. Taking into account properties of diesel fuel, a larger dia hose would be such a gain, but it looks like the whole system is dodgy.
A possible reason is the simple fact that - diesel powered light vehicles are such a novelty in America ... the designers never even knew about or considered diesel frothing / hi flow pumps etc.

Quote:
Sounds like a lottery with the component quality, same deal as with those shitty yellow top batteries.
This however, is the likely result of a car manufacturing company ... being managed by a penny pinching, auditing company ...
Old 31-08-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

daimler aquired the company for the same reason the rest have aquired it. they got it for nothing!!!! free!! gratis!! daimaler saw the chance to get a company for nix, use the jeep name to produce a second rate product cheaply and make a fast buck. didn't work for them so they simply gave it away again for nothing to cerberus an investment company who thought they could pick it up for nothing, chop some overheads out of it and sell it off for a quick buck. again it didn't work for them. .now fiat have got a big slice of it for nothing (so cerberus are are at least part way out of the shit) and can use chrysler as an outlet for their engines and any components they can put into the chrysler vehicles. they also get the entire distribution network of chrysler corp, world wide to flog their fiat vehicles. all for nothing. if it doesn't work out they will simply walk away from it too i guess or give their share away to someone else for nothing. seems no-one really wants chrysler, and if they take it on, even for free, they are eventually quite willing to give it away for nothing just to get rid of it.
Old 31-08-2009
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fitted a Long Range tank -- Problem Gone

Look at the Long Ranger Tank WEB site they explain some of the problem with the OEM filler system
Old 31-08-2009
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
There exists a TSB for diesel JKs, build dates before 16-Jan-09. It updates parts for: 1) vent hose, 2) vent filter and 3) vent valve.
Any more detail on this TSB?
Old 31-08-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

good to see a kit at last, for those who haven't put in long range tanks. let's hope those who have put in the stevil fix still get the factory fix installed. if they don't do it and claim you have voided your warranty for doing the stevil fix it will jus be another insult on top of the crap you have already ha to put up with over this.
Post New Thread  Reply