Self help time for slow diesel fill problem - Page 55 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-09-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidd View Post
any sign of the new filler system yet?????
which signs would you like to see? the tsb is out there from 01-aug-09. the filler hose is the same diameter. the vent components (filter, tube, valve) have been updated as well the recirculation hose.
Old 14-09-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

signs of them being fited to faulty vehicles and posts from satisfied owners.
Old 15-09-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

I'am waiting for the TSB parts to arrive at the dealers and with a little luck should get it fitted on Monday, will let you know once it is done.
Old 21-09-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Angry

Dropped the vehicle off this morning to get the fuel fix done and get a call two hours later telling me all the parts are not in after a few words of encouragement to them they told me that three parts are in but two have to come from Bloody Singapore and will take two weeks so I then told them how enjoyable it is to deal with them and how I like getting the run-around from professionals, not what I wanted as we will be heading off to Oodnadatta and Dalhousie Springs in ten days time. Idiots!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21-09-2009
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Wilf try the full blast method, has not failed for me in 6 fill ups. Push the nozle in upside down at about the 1:30 position and just yank the pump handle full on - works a treat for many of us

Till they get the parts in of course
Old 21-09-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

now hang on a bit. this tsb was supposed to have 3 new bits to be fitted. now it appears there are 5 ????????
Old 22-09-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Thanks Jbee, Have used the 1 o'clock position for the last two fills and has been 100%. When I picked the JK up they told me as it has already been a week that the parts have been ordered they should arrive this Friday or Monday. I have a copy of the parts list for the TSB but it is too faint will get them to give me a better copy, don’t want to pass on any incorrect info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbee View Post
Hey Wilf try the full blast method, has not failed for me in 6 fill ups. Push the nozle in upside down at about the 1:30 position and just yank the pump handle full on - works a treat for many of us

Till they get the parts in of course