Self help time for slow diesel fill problem - Page 57 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidd View Post
the lonranger tank is great mate. i've had mine in for about 30k now, you could fill up with a fire hose at full bore. only glitch is (because of the filler design) about a third of the fuel goes into the reserve and two thirds into the main each time you put fuel in. it's just a matter of hitting the transfer switch to put it back into the main tank (while you are driving).
Re Longranger
When you fill the tanks do they fill separately or does one of the tanks fill first and overflow to the other tank ?
Do you find the longranger hinders off road as its as low as the factory tank.
The factory tank drags in deep soft sand so i would believe the extra tank would increase the drag in soft sand trails.
Cheers
Old 02-10-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

mate in theory the main tank fills first and then the long range. in practice, with mine (which has the slow filling problem) the fuel goes in as fast as you can get it in, but for some reason (probably because of thr slow filling problem) i always get left about 6 to 8 litres short in the main tank. so if i put in enough to fill the main tank, i have to transfer the last bit back to the main tank. if i fill the thing right up till the fuel comes up the filler neck, i still have that to 8 litres short in the main tank. i can either trickle at last bit in or transfer the 6 or 8 litres over and then tip up the long range tank. in practice i just fill it up fiull bore and then spend a short time squeezing a few more litres in and leave it at that, probably 3 to 5 litres short of full capacity. so out of the theoretical maximum of 148 litres i still have over 140 litres. near enough for me.
Old 02-10-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the long range tank does drag in the sand just as the main tank does. but doesn't create any more of a problem. i guess if it's a problem you put a lift in same as normal
Old 26-10-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Finally just had the fuel fix done and I have filled twice and it works great before that it was taking me 15 to 20 mins to get 20 or 30 litres in I was away on a trip and the 1:30 position was not working at all.

Parts are as per Festa's post as I got them to give me a photocopy of the parts list.

Filter Vent - 68012168AA
Tube Vent - 52126039AB
Line Vent - 52125187AB
Line Recirculation - 52059778AC
Tie Strap - J3693058
Screw, 1/4in sheet metal
Old 26-10-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

let's hope it continues to work for others who need it. chrysler were real quick off the mark with this fix..only took them 2 and a1/2 years to figure what everyone else figured out 2 years ago, and supply a fixup kit. not hard to figure out why they went broke. or why there's such a huge aftermarket supply of parts for them.
Old 27-10-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Spoke to local dealer today about the fix. They booked the rig in for 2 weeks time to have the new parts fitted. No fuss or hassle. Just hope it works.
Old 27-10-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I spoke to our local dealer today about this fix. Gave them the Service Bulletin Number and all.

They looked up the history of the car, this is the exact conversation:
Dealership: "We looked at this for you at 1,000km's and fixed the faulty Valve"
Me: "Yes, and it still didn't fix that, you should have that in your notes too, I would like this Service Bulletin inacted, can you please order the parts"
Dealership: "I highly doubt that it's still broken, considering we fixed it. We will have to have it in to diagnose it to see if it's elligable for this Bulletin"

It's a 2007 CRD with a history of me complaining about this! I couldn't believe it!
Post New Thread  Reply