Crd Overheat - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-06-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Depner View Post
The longer the intake the more riestricted it is Do not believe the ad hype about increased power etc. the only benifit a snorkels gives you is if you want to turn your cat into a submarine. await the flaming

bahahahaa... gold.

Turbulance causes 'air flow restriction', or more aply named, low pressure. Little to do with the length on the intake, far more the diametre, share of any curves and surface. Funny how ventri's of longer length have a far better performance than short one at high rev's (petrol motor), while shorter ones will have better low rev torque characteristics.

Goes to show, its not the length of the intake thats the issue, its the engineering that when into it. (or lack there of)

On the diesel motor, air pressure shouldnt matter, as I believe it has a MAP sensor to adjust fuel accordingly.

I reckon the 2nd fan either not working or stalling (spinning but not 'pulling' air) would be far more likely the cause than a snorkle
Old 27-06-2009
ShortBlack
Visitor

and lets not forget the CRD has a VGT (Variable geometry turbo) to maintain manifold pressure. Its not your Snorkel i dont reckon.
Old 28-06-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I rest my case........
Old 07-07-2009
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hola a todos.

Thank you all for your answers.

From the very first day the A/C has not worked at the highest temperature, it makes noise and does not cool properly .
The car does not have any thing front the grille, and I always clean the radiators with water without pressure until to leave clean.
The car has not had any problem with temperature during the cold months , only in the heat months.
Here in Spain there are few owners of JK. I haven´t had news of the same case, (broken front right cardan, three cases with mine, trouble fill fuel tank, broken steering damper, steeering shaft noise)
The mount cyclonic snorkel has got for the extra advantage to protect the stock air filter of the fine sand of the Sahara desert and to protect the engine of water entries by adminision.
After reading your post and thread, I think the fans are not capable of cooling the engine and the a/c. I think they should be protected from mud and water.

This week I'm going to drop the JK to the dealer, to get the a/c repaired for the 3rd time, this time the dealer has told me to change the a/c compressor and search for the overheat failure.

Talk soon, hopefully with better news

P.S.I think that all dealers go to the same school

Old 29-07-2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I also had an issue with overheating while towing a 800kg camper trailer on slight uphill sections at freeway speeds at almost any outside temp. The dealer could not find the cause but I did when I took off the front grill. After a previous outing with a bit of mud bogging the bottom half of the radiator became clogged with mud. I could not get to that part of the radiator at the car wash with the grill on so I missed it. I took it to the car wash with the front grill removed and sprayed it and I had no more problems with overheating.
Old 02-08-2009
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Crd Overheat

Hello to all.
After three weeks in the workshop, the workshop took out the radiator and showed it to me. The problem was the accumulated mud in the rear of the main and a / c radiators. This is impossible to clean if radiators are not dismantled .
However, last week I talked to another dealer in Madrid, who by the way is a 4x4 enthusiast, and he explained me that apart from this there was another problem with the viscous fan main, which Jeep had not set in yet. The workaround is to block the main fan so the fixed Jeep solution always switches on . My dealer was not aware of this.
Today I have fixed the fan and have changed the a/c compresor, now the a/c works ok and I just need to test the temperature of the engine.
Thanks to TIBERAUTO dealer in Madrid I think the problem is resolved.

Greetings to all.