What did you do to your WH/XH today? - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2007
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My 2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo has done 41,000 and has had a few mods to date.

First up was the suspension. Ordered and fitted a lift kit from Rocky Road in the USA - steel spacers up front between the top of the strut and the body and poly-something spacers at the rear under the springs. Front shocks standard and new rear ones from Doetsche Tech (came with he kit - longer travel). That gave me about 60mm lift which made the vehicle much more enjoyable off-road (I hate underbody scaping noises). Also installed a set of Coil-Rite air bags inside the rear springs to help with levelling under load.

Next up was a second battery - but where to put it? I ended up removing the plastic luggage area liner and installing a plywood floor. That gave me a bit more height in the luggage area and, most importantly, a solid base to mount things to - not terribly impressed with the standard issue plastic tie-downs which are secured to the plastic floor with plastic fasteners. I have mounted a 105 aH deep cycle AGM battery on the new floor behind the passenger rear seat along with a 12V charger. Cabling back to the engine compartment is heavy (16mm sq.) and goes under the door sill trims to a circuit breaker near the main battery. The charger is basically a step up charger and only operates when it senses the alternator is running. Works real well and keeps my EvaKool fridge, which is permanently mounted on the driver side, as cold as I want it. The space left allows me to put in a couple of tubs and soft bags. But not enough room for the tent and poles so...

Up top I've mounted a Rhino Rack Luggage pod on Rhino Sportz Bars and in it I can fit my canvas centre pole tent, canvas awning, solid table, roll-up table, 2 folding chairs, shower tent, and a few other light odds and ends. The pod has a limit of 50 kg and I just make that. Alongside the pod I have a pole holder made from 100 mm plastic pipe for 6 awning poles and the centre poles for the tent. The roof load limit as stated by Jeep is 68 kg and I'm pretty close.

Now that there are some local suspension options I'd like to see if I can maintain the lift and get rid of the softness and wallowing inherent on the factory gear. But I'll settle for softness and wallowing rather than reduce the lift.

I would like a bar as I live in a Kangaroo excessive area but not real taken with either the ECB or ARB offerings so will leave that for a bit.

Basically I'm pretty happy with the way the car is now but you never know...

Kevin

2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.0 CRD
Old 14-01-2007
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Guys, I believe TJM has just released a decent bullbar for the WH.

Its not on their website yet but give them a call.

Albion CJ and/or TJM should have some pics they can email you.

Waaay better than that ECB rubbish.
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 29-01-2007
Poly Performance Junkie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking

There are more WH owners out there so dont be afraid to tell us what you have got and a pic. There are 2 new members from Perth with WH's in the last couple of days.

JTO
Old 02-02-2007
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a 2005 crd WH with a 2.25 lift, front and rear camara set up, front nudge bar.rock rails rear bar protector,armor plates underneath,roof rack cross over's and front bar light's
Old 02-02-2007
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not to sure about TJM and their bar yet. The Coopers Plains store told me they had it but then he could'nt find any pic's or details, so I called their head office in Sydney. NOTHING has been designed yet...so they say
Old 07-02-2007
Poly Performance Junkie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rang up ARB to find out when the bits would be here for the 2" lift (half were on the shelf) and now they tell me that there wont be any parts for it until April or May or possibly June?

Has to be a WH lift somewhere on the East Coast???

JTO
Old 08-02-2007
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As noted above, we have the Dobinsons spring lift, which I assume is available on the east coast, since that's where we are
Post New Thread  Reply