Top Mods for WH GC - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-10-2013

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Top Mods for WH GC

What mods do you guys have on your WH GC's and what was the approx cost for each mod?

What would you rate as the best mods were that you did to your vehicle?

As I have a blank canvas to start with I'll likely go for the GDE tune as well as other engine performance/improvement mods. Keen for ideas for my vehicle based on others experiences with the modding of their own vehicles!

Cheers

Beast
Old 21-10-2013
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

WH mods, have your cheque book handy

1. Lift, the WH is to low & has probably sagged as well. There are kits from Old Man Emu, Dobson, EFS as well as springs from Kings & shocks from Bilstein. I have the CRDStu H/D lift (as I tow a van) and find it quite good for towing but a bit to firm in the rear for off-roading (no articulation).
http://www.murchisonproducts.com.au/...pension-system $1550 + fitting.

If you are planning to go off-road I suggest a snorkel as the air intake sits directly behind the grill so there's another $500 + fitting
http://www.snorkels.com.au/p/1153969...2005-2010.html

Tyre upgrade, you can go to 245/70/17 or 265/65/17 ( about 30") & still be legal on standard rims & the speedo should read spot on. You need to be careful though with 265's as they come very close to the top ball joint thread, the more aggressive sidewall the tyres has the more the chance of it rubbing.

A common wheel replacement that gives you more clearance with wider tyres are Commander rims. There is approximately 6mm less offset on them & it moves the tyre sidewall away from the ball joint bolt. With these rims you can fit 265/70/17 (about 31.5" to 32" depending on brand) tyres with minor rubbing on full lock depending on tyre choice.
I am running 245/75/17 (31.5") on the same rims as yours with minor rubbing.
You can pick them up at a bargain price from JK owners when they go bigger, just watch the for sale section .

There aren't a whole lot of WH specific after market parts readily available in Aus, I think http://www.murchisonproducts.com.au/...ue/WH-products support us the most so if you find something you want from the states give Stu a call & see what he can do.

GOBI make a nice roof rack in the states, I think "Double Black" might be an agent here in Au. http://www.eadoffroad.com/jeep/chero...okee-roof-rack

Anyway there's a start, I'm sure there will be more suggestion's & opinions on what is best.

Have fun
Old 21-10-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 130 Times in 96 Posts

My most useful...

Belly guard;

Just judging by how beaten up it is.

LRA 110L aux tank;

I guess range isn't so bad with the diesel, but IMO to do any touring around Aus you need at least 1,000km.
Old 21-10-2013
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 243 Times in 129 Posts

Depends on how far you want to go, and what your intended use is.

Lift, skids, tyres all available local.

Good Bars, tyre carriers, sliders, interior fitouts, battery systems are all custom (nothing bolt in off the shelf).

Check out Briteway, clarky, JamesLaugesen, wilsonjeep, roscoe26 - they all have differently modded WH's in here.
Old 21-10-2013
Jedi Master

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Dolium Cheetah Low Profile Roof Rack, picked it up from Opposite Lock for about $1700 with some accessories

http://www.dolium.com.au/view/pg?com...=9&pkey=dolium

James, is your 110L tank a replacement or addition and does it stick down as much as the original tank? That'll be the next on my list. Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	64957  
Old 21-10-2013
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 243 Times in 129 Posts

The LRA goes where the spare used to live, and is additional to the main tank. Sits higher then the existing frame rails.
Old 21-10-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 130 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8 View Post
Dolium Cheetah Low Profile Roof Rack, picked it up from Opposite Lock for about $1700 with some accessories

http://www.dolium.com.au/view/pg?com...=9&pkey=dolium

James, is your 110L tank a replacement or addition and does it stick down as much as the original tank? That'll be the next on my list. Cheers
Any photos of the rack fitted?

The tank is additional, gives around ~185L useable.
It literally sits up inside the subframe, no drop at all.
Some photos of the install here.

PS; I think Dave is planning to use one as a replacement with the original tank removed to make room for long arms(?), if that's what you're thinking?
Post New Thread  Reply