Wh xh 3.0 crd p0036 turbo actuator repair - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-08-2018
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Default Wh xh 3.0 crd p0036 turbo actuator repair

Hey guy
So iv done a few of these repairs on Jeep Grand Cherokee wh and xh 3.0 crd suffering from under boost as well as over boost fault codes and have the fault p0046 boost actuator fault code.
DO NOT REPLACE THE TURBO CHARGER FOR THIS ISSUE.
The issue is an internal fault with the actualtor and require repair.
Feel free to send me a message and I can repair these units for a small fee compared to the standard turbo replacement most people are advised.
I’m located in Melbourne Australia.
Cheers tim 👌
Old 31-08-2018

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Cool,
I have the same motor in my 300c and I sent the actuator to the UK for repairs as at the time it was by far the most cost effective.
Old 02-09-2018
I just registered

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Yeah it’s a little bit weird that no one repairs them and then the turbo gets replaced to fix the issue. The Mercedes engine is an amazing engine.
Old 24-09-2018

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Check out my Ride(s)

Thanks for the info timhan4. Have replaced turbo and intercooler and now waiting for new 02 sensor to arrive to replace.
Old 26-11-2018
Established Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Hi Tim,
See my post of about 3 weeks ago below:

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=154054

I managed to source a 2nd hand actuator which included the turbo as well ($850), had the actuator fitted to the existing turbo in-car, so I now have a spare turbo and a spare actuator which may be faulty.

After fitting the actuator we found a split turbo hose, LH side of the intercooler. This, together with the RH hose has been replaced and every thing is sweet.

After finding the split hose I now wonder if that was the cause of the trouble and if so would it have caused the actuator to fail?

Is there anyway of testing the old actuator and if so, if faulty it may be repairable as these things are as scarce as "hen's teeth"?
Old 11-12-2019
Senior Newbie

Liked 28 Times in 18 Posts

Hi Tim

Hope you are still around.

Have sent you a PM.

Cheers
Ben
Old 20-12-2019
I just registered

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Hi everyone,
Sorry if I haven’t replied. For some reason I have stopped getting notifications regarding updates for ausjeep. Please email me for any questions tim_han4@hotmail.com these unit are becoming more and more common to fail.

DarwinDave Again sorry about the delay in reply.
The unit normally fail due to heat and vibration or contamination. Normally a split boot will not fail a wastegate actuator. Feel free to contact me and I’ll bench test the unit for you.

Ben I have replied to your message.

If you guys have any doubts about the actuators I can bench test them for you find the fault and ship it back.
Post New Thread  Reply