Pic request - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2023
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,136 Times in 601 Posts

Speaking of aux batteries...I today removed the 140amp AGM I had in the aux battery box, and fitted a new Lithium 135 amp in lieu.
Changing the Redarc BCDC to Lithium profile was a cinch...join 2 wires and done.

When I took the battery box out I actually struggled a bit to lift it cleanly on to the bench...flippin' heavy...I reckon all of 36kg's box and all!

So...wired the Lithium battery in to the box and just slid it in to it's spot near the fridge...battery is supposed to weigh 12.3kg, plus the box about 15kg all done.

I just gained at least 20 kg's of payload in the Jeep...very happy with that.
Old 11-04-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper6 View Post
Speaking of aux batteries...I today removed the 140amp AGM I had in the aux battery box, and fitted a new Lithium 135 amp in lieu.
Changing the Redarc BCDC to Lithium profile was a cinch...join 2 wires and done.

When I took the battery box out I actually struggled a bit to lift it cleanly on to the bench...flippin' heavy...I reckon all of 36kg's box and all!

So...wired the Lithium battery in to the box and just slid it in to it's spot near the fridge...battery is supposed to weigh 12.3kg, plus the box about 15kg all done.

I just gained at least 20 kg's of payload in the Jeep...very happy with that.
I had a look at the underseat locations, the drivers side may have enough space to fit the dual battery controller as it's not very big but the space under the passenger has even less space as the air suspension controller resides in this location....

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 11-04-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,318 Posts

How big is this suspension controller as the cavity is the same size as the battery compartment under the drivers seat..(I have a Laredo so no air springs) you should be able to fit a full size battery in this cavity and move whatever is living there, I thought the TCCM lived in there when there was no stop/start battery system fitted and this is easily moved and the mounting frame work removed to allow a battery to be chucked in the cavity.... UHF unit or DC/DC charger stuck to carpet under seat with silastic works a treat, it doens't move at all.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 11-04-2023
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,311 Times in 753 Posts

When I had the Anderson Plug and Brake Controller fitted by the Auto lecky, they fitted a dual battery control box to the 'hump side wall' in the battery well under the drivers seat...cant say it was a good job...or even requested/purchased/needed for that matter...but thats not relevant here....the main thing is....it fitted....so yep...that location is right to go....the wiring from there is straight forward as the well is made for this

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Old 12-04-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
How big is this suspension controller as the cavity is the same size as the battery compartment under the drivers seat..(I have a Laredo so no air springs) you should be able to fit a full size battery in this cavity and move whatever is living there, I thought the TCCM lived in there when there was no stop/start battery system fitted and this is easily moved and the mounting frame work removed to allow a battery to be chucked in the cavity.... UHF unit or DC/DC charger stuck to carpet under seat with silastic works a treat, it doens't move at all.
The passenger side compartment is pretty well full with the suspension controller unfortunately...

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 12-04-2023
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 1,136 Times in 601 Posts

Not much room, for anything under the passenger seat unfortunately. Besides the TCCM there are 2 other smaller modules I gather are the Air Suspension control as my previous sprung WK2 didn't have them.

I have the BCDC Charger under the driver seat in the battery compartment...attached to the side...fits nicely.

Of course with the air suspension we also have the tank under and behind the rear seat which excludes trying to harvest some space under there for a second battery. I have read of a number of owners who put the 2nd battery in the spare wheel well...no good if you want to carry spare...and I don't like the look of them at all with an external spare wheel carrier.

Dunno...hence I just opted for the battery box I can remove when I want to...
Old 12-04-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,318 Posts

Lots of junk for sure by the sound of it, I wonder where they stashed all that stuff with the stop/start versions ?????? Only having a Poverty Pack I forget about the bling machines......lol,lol,lol....

Lithium sounds like the way to go, next pension rise I'll get one ...........

When I pulled my starter battery out I was curing for not having much room to do anything............

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply