More lift for KJ CRD, OME kit + Extras - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2006
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

FINALLY FINISHED !!

The rear only took 2 hrs total and was easier than I expected, WHY? Cause I didnt run into any problems during install; something very common during these weekend installs!! lol

Everthing went as planned. Drilling & Tapping the thread for the rear spacers was the only part that I got a little nervous about, reason being, if you stuff tapping a thread, you've got to drill the hole upto the next size & then find the bolts, not to mention having to take the alloy spacers back into work to put them on the lathe for another drilling out ect.....
Anway, all is good & I had to remove the rear swaybar so the suspension could losen up fully & flex unrestricted for the install. I dont think you could do it with the swaybar connected as it works against you too much. I'm leaving the swaybar on the KJ this time, I used to take it off my Wrangler's permanently, but I want it on the KJ as it acts as a bit of extra insurance that the coils wont pop out. They are lose, but not coming out, nor do they make any clanking or creaking noises when flexing ect - (hey XJDavid !! heh!!)

The rear travel is nuts, I love it. I call this my Short Long Arm Kit !!!!
Enjoy the pics. (the 2nd & 3rd last pics are my favourite!)
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD

Last edited by CRDSTU; 05-06-2006 at 07:43 PM.
Old 04-06-2006
Silver Rennie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Magic buddy.
Old 04-06-2006

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

sweet i like it alot

Old 04-06-2006
Better half of Dave'n'Wen

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nice Stu, but just a tad off topic,

How much do they want for that house behind the truck in the last pic, and does it have 4 bedrooms.?
Old 04-06-2006
AJOR Bronze

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looks great Stuart! Were those pics with the front and rear sway bars on or discoed?
Old 04-06-2006
Rubicon MOABs

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

and speaking of pics, how about that front bash plate?
Old 05-06-2006
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Wen, its a complete overcapitalise on the owners behalf, spent waaaay too much on reno - low 600Ks - insane if you ask me. She'd be lucky to get 500K.

Wilmo, yeah front & rear sway bars removed. I've put the rear one back on just as an insurance policy - dont want the rear springs to pop out (not that they would !!:P)

Palla, I took off the front one that TJM made up for me - It didnt give me the extra clearance I was hoping for. I have the modified factory one in place; gives heaps more clearance on the drivers side then unmodified. I'll get pics of that happening for you real soon.!!
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Post New Thread  Reply