What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 2619 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2017
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillabongXJ View Post

Scored a LRA axillary petrol tank. Really nice bit of gear. Going in right now. Holes are marked just need to drill and bolt it up. Hard part will be the Y neck filler which it didnt come with as the car being wrecked had a LPG tank in the original tank area.

Conveniently i already had the seats out and carpet up since i got a leak in the seals on both front doors im not sure if thats an xj thing. Lol

Tanks got baffle plate. Pickup tray. Tube engineered for handbrake. Has a bit of rust maybe the owner ran ethanol mixture and left it sit. Cleaned it up and theres a magnet in there thats also smart.
Think its 68 litre. Alloy coated cold rolled steel. With a thick coat of 2 pac paint.

Fairly stoked i got this one i had a more of a DIY tank that was full of rust needing to be rust treated & blasted, waiting to go in but this one came along at just the right moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one of those. Mine was about 50L though reckon it might hang fairly low if its a 68L. Do you have a preupdate? Because that tank looks like a pre tank.
Old 02-06-2017
Trail Twister

Liked 840 Times in 479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonygubbin View Post
I had one of those. Mine was about 50L though reckon it might hang fairly low if its a 68L. Do you have a preupdate? Because that tank looks like a pre tank.

Yes I have your tank AG. It is about 50 litres. I know about the filler plumbing but how do you work the fuel system with the pumps?
Old 03-06-2017
Yeah I bought another one

Liked 93 Times in 58 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Swapped from a black grill and headlight surrounds to a chrome, surely that will add 5hp?
1x Jeep trailers.
1x Empty Wallet.
Old 03-06-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 48 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynuts View Post
Yes I have your tank AG. It is about 50 litres. I know about the filler plumbing but how do you work the fuel system with the pumps?

I had one and plumbed it to not need a transfer pump. work on the theory that the fuel move back and forth. when its back it transfers to the main tank. Acceleration and hills keep the fuel moving to the back tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-06-2017
AJOR Bronze

Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

a bit of light 4 wheeling to get out to my private dog park today

_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Old 03-06-2017
MonsterMoose

Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynuts View Post
I only had the LRA Rusty as I had gas and I run the pump through the aux. If I didn't have gas and wanted to run two tanks I reckon I would have kept the pump in the LRA aux and made some fittings that join the two tanks together. I had an idea of putting an outlet on the front of the plastic tank and removing the screw in bung on the LRA and joining them that way.
Old 06-06-2017
Yeah I bought another one

Liked 93 Times in 58 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Another trip to the wreckers on Sunday.
Full set of door trims with wood grain tops.
Front and rear seats from a late model XJ.
Assorted plastic bits that will tidy up the interior, overhead console, dash parts etc..
Bumper cap, door handles, heater valve other little bits.
Managed to fit the stoppers on my rear drawers they now slide and stop, not fall out.
Fitted all the seats, scrubbed the door trims and the wood isn't so flash do I'm thinking either new wood grain or maybe carbon fibre film?
1x Jeep trailers.
1x Empty Wallet.

Last edited by Gildo; 06-06-2017 at 12:43 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply