XJ: Jeep Ute with LS1 V8 build - Page 40 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 220 Times in 136 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Screw you man..........Nah congrats mate. Glad to see the Ute will stay with you. Will love seeing it driving around town.
Old 21-10-2014
RubiconSlammer

Liked 821 Times in 362 Posts

ok done some research the MJ Tail gate is too big
it is 55"x20"x2.5", the size I need is 54"x15"x2.5.
I could deal with the length but not the height 5" is a lot to play with.

was looking at a new design. doing something like this?? but im not convinced??
I have a new tailgate to play with too

Thoughts anyone, I honestly think my design is crap after looking at it for a while

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00131.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	69736

on another note, I fitted cruise control too it today, and sized up my flares, the $600 gamble paid off, the flares will fit.
fitted my new rear brake line (after I pinched them for the green jeep) and found the vice grips I had been searching for, crimping the brake line

it seems the more this thing sits the more it gets raided, its got no rear bumper, no rear shackles and no battery.
Old 21-10-2014
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,574 Times in 4,353 Posts

that pic looks like some one just cut off a XJ tailgate at the right height.
Old 22-10-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 220 Times in 136 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I think if you just cut the tailgate and slap some hinges on like that it will bring the quality of the build down a level. You have put too much time into the rest of it to give up now.
Old 22-10-2014
RubiconSlammer

yeah its a bit of a cheap and nasty fix
im going to aim for the fold down style again, I will try to figure out a better style hinge for it though.
or I might scrap the whole idea of original and make up my own swing out??
Old 29-01-2015
RubiconSlammer

its been a while, finished fitting the flares today

Old 29-01-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserfied View Post
I think if you just cut the tailgate and slap some hinges on like that it will bring the quality of the build down a level. You have put too much time into the rest of it to give up now.
For what it's worth, I totally agree. What you have has just the right proportions, what the hotrodders call "stance" - it has a great stance. I'm envious of your ability to do this.

Cheers,

Gordon