Another WK2 tyre thread - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 107 Times in 68 Posts
Default Another WK2 tyre thread

Evening all,

I have a tyre related question that I am looking for advice on. I have trawled every single tyre thread here but can't seem to find an answer to my question.

So I'm up for new tyres in the next couple of months, brought forward by a recent bad puncture on Araluen rd.

I'm going to go the AT route and have done absolutely loads of research. I think I've narrowed my choice down to the AT3 and the KO2. Standard size is 265/60/18 on the Laredo, as most of you know

Has anyone bought an AT tyre on the Laredo rims, on an otherwise un modified vehicle? If so, what did you choose and did you go for a spare as well?

Also, has anyone upped the size to 265/65/18 and if so, what's your story? Do the front wheels rub at full lock? Does a spare fit under the floor of the boot?

It seems from all the reading I've done, many people swear by what they have, and there is a horror story for pretty much every brand, so I'm finding it hard to choose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontrunner Roof Rack
Offroad Animal Front Recovery Points and Nudge Bar
Old 07-01-2017

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I use the bridgestone duelers AT 697 had them for 2 years on my WJ (17in) have found them excellent on and off road. My WJ got written off last month and am going to get a WK 2014 as a replacement, did some research last night and the duelers are available for the WK 18inch rim - and they are not stupidly expensive.
Old 07-01-2017
Established Member

Liked 46 Times in 31 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

My missus recently got the MY14 JGC Overland and I got the dealer to fit the 18" Larado wheels as I don't like 50 profile tyres. Ended up with Hankook RF10 tyres in the XL version as the LT version is not available in that size 265/60R18 .The Bob Jane dealer that supplied the tyres said that was the biggest I could go in that brand/type without rubbing. Other brands may give you a bigger size and an LT rating, these have a little bit of road noise but nothing that I can't live with but apart from that I think that they are quite good.

I think that the AT3 and the KO2 were mentioned as alternatives, as I had the RF10's on my previous Jeep and was quite happy with them I decided to get the same on this Jeep.

Last edited by Ed..; 18-02-2018 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-01-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 436 Times in 264 Posts

Another Bridgestone D697 fan here. Been very happy with several sets on my previous WJ and they go real well on my WK2. Excellent handling & wet weather grip.
Old 08-01-2017
RubiconSlammer

Liked 279 Times in 197 Posts

I went for coopers stmaxx 276/65R18. They rub a little at park height and full lock. The rears rub a little at full articulation, but not a problem.

I went for a bridgestone HT tyre for the spare 255/70R18 to match diameter. Haven't needed it yet.
Old 08-01-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 107 Times in 68 Posts

Thanks all, there are so many options it is hard to know! I note that The Nitto Grappler G2 is meant to be alright, and is buy 3 get the 4th free at bob Jane.

Interesting idea Benn0, going for a different tyre altogether for your spare. Is your spare on a laredo rim or the standard spare wheel?

Frontrunner Roof Rack
Offroad Animal Front Recovery Points and Nudge Bar
Old 08-01-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 158 Times in 112 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Bridgestone 697 in LT here. I'm on my third set on the 2013 Laredo. Stock size so no rubbing and they fit the spare well.

They are a lot cheaper than the KO2s...

Cheers
Numb Thumbs