Modifications - Warranty - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2008
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_B View Post
I think that when and if you have a problem gauge the treatment, experience, feedback on your own experience.

Each persons experience will be different depending on so many different factors from the fault, the mod its self to personality clashes etc etc

Each manufacture has this mod clause and play that card for what ever reason it might be..........
Spot on!!!!

Last edited by Fat Chili; 11-12-2008 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Wish you'd learn to quote properly and then check your posts once written!
Old 11-12-2008
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Damn. That sucks.

B.
Old 11-12-2008
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 71 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Chrysler will be gone in a matter of months (they will never be able to repay the loan that the US Congress is about to give them to stay in business). Once they down the various servicing contracts will be offered out to other auto companies. I remember when Diahatsu went under, Toyota picked up all the ongoing spares and service business in Australia. That would not be so bad would it, going to Toyota for service and spares (Jeepota).
Gotta agree Glen ... if handouts are provided ... its not likely that repayment will happen unless they are given a loooooong time to pay it back.

Despite the good models chrysler have had over the years, they have always been the "lesser" preferred vehicle ... especially in Australia. Cheapness in manufacturing has always been an issue.

To up sales figures when in a rut, they have in the past, relied on involvement with other "lesser" preferred but better brands to get by ... e.g. Mitsubishi in Aust in the 70s - end result ... chrysler australia folded ... Now its the Jeep brands turn and we will see what happens.

Toyota picks up Jeep ??? ... good way to get rid of the opposition ... same as what happened to Daihatsu ... Daihatsu didnt go under ... Toyota and their majority shareholding of Daihatsu ( aquired in the late 90's ) is the reason for the lack of Daihatsu in Australia ... rightly so that service and parts be provided by them ... and as for toyota genuine service costs ????? .... Using chrysler is a good preparation for that ... LOLOL ...

Last edited by carvesdodo; 11-12-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-12-2008
Poly Performance Junkie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

redgp,

I feel for you after dealing with Chrysler Jeep myself for near 12 months and nearly loosing the plot.

I was very close to getting a Patrol or D3 instead until a solution from the dealer came up.

I love my Jeep and all its quirks and can deal with the failures etc but the service and mindset from CJ is what kills the passion.

All the best in your next purchase and see ya on the trails.

JTO

Last edited by Jeeptheone; 11-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-12-2008
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgp View Post
I have taken action to avoid threatened legal action.
On what grounds could they be threatining legal action??? Free speech is a right in Australia - even on internet forums.

If it is defamation they are threatining you with - you are not bad mouthing them, just giving your point of view of a product you have purchased, and your point of view on service (or lack of it) received. There is nothing in that previous thread that they would have a case against you with!

Should have told them to jam the phone up their arse with their pathetic legal threats - gutless wonders.
Old 11-12-2008
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

jto i totally agree. wrangler is obviously built to a price, you only have to look at the plastic etc. but with the faults and bits that go wrong, there really isn't a problem if there is spare parts backup. you can get the thing fixed and get on with your life. also the attitude of the dealers (in perth anyway) if you have a fault you get treated like a leper when trying to make a claim or there is a denial that there is a problem, or the classic "fault not present at time of testing". i had an xj cherokee and loved it, parts were everywhere, genuine and aftermarket and that led me to sign up for the jk. after i signed up for my jk i had a radiator leak (the vehicle was a95 and really due for replacement). as a result it blew a head gasket on a main freeway and i had to limp back home. took it to my local bloke who diagnosed the blown gasket. i rang the dealer to advise him what had happened to the vehicle and that it was being repaired. paid 1400 bucks to have my 6500 buck vehicle repaired at a repco workshop which carries a 12 month australia wide guarantee, and when done notified salesman and asked if he wanted the invoice with the vehicle at trade time. said he wasn't interested. that was the level of support i gave my dealer with my trade-in. in return i received a vehicle with fuel filling issues (not fixed), power drop (not fixed), vehicle thrashed at a dealership (as a special service for insisting it had a fault) and have been treated like a leper by chrysler and dealers for wanting the thing fixed to my satisfaction. i totaly agree JTO, you can love the vehicle all you like (and you never saw a happier more ecstatic, proud owner who bragged about the features and abilities of his vehicle than me). my misery has been caused not by a few faults in the vehicle, but by the total lack of support from chrysler and it's dealers (in perth where i live). but that's the way chrysler runs it's business. nothing you can do about it. as for you steve, i wish you and carol all the good things that life has to offer and a better run from your next vehicle. hope you drop into the forum once in a while to say g'day and let us know how you're going. cheers, dave
Old 11-12-2008
Full Flexer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The worst part is you can bet whatever costs they've incurred asking for legal advice regarding this situation are way more than it would have cost them to fix the problem - probably even pay for a whole new Wrangler.
Post New Thread  Reply