What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 950 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-12-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Rear axle swap complete! Filled it with oil this morning and took it for a drive, no more noise/vibration! Went through a car park and gave the rear suspension a test, nice and quiet and tight now, no more horrible noises. Great success!

Now to do the control arm bushes.
Old 17-12-2011
WELDING RODS FOR STEERING

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 224 Times in 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by layback40 View Post
Always good to lift the bonnet with it running in the dark now and again. If ignition problems you can normally see sparks jumping.
Distributor cap is in about 10 pieces now. Bloody thing is brittle as. Won't be getting acdelco parts again. Good thing kept the old cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17-12-2011
MonsterMoose

Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Made some GoJeep 50mm rear bump stop extensions. Only dif is I welded some flat plate over the ends of the SHS, to tidy them up. Just need the paint to dry and install them. That should stop my shocks being the bump stops for the last 35mm of travel.

regards A
Old 17-12-2011
MonsterMoose

Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonygubbin View Post
Made some GoJeep 50mm rear bump stop extensions. Only dif is I welded some flat plate over the ends of the SHS, to tidy them up. Just need the paint to dry and install them. That should stop my shocks being the bump stops for the last 35mm of travel.

regards A
Fitted these, SFSFS the fuel filler pipe now rubs on the shocker again. Why is nothing straight forward. Now I have to either get a new filler pipe bent up or see if I can run shorten the steel pipe and use rubber between the shocker and bump stop. Either way I have to wait until Wednesday when I have the cash. I am leaning towards getting a new pipe bent up at the exhaust shop.

regards A
Old 17-12-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Almost finished my cheapo rear draws...pics in the morning.
Old 17-12-2011
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 39 Times in 28 Posts

had some aerial tabs made up and welded to my bar today... so i've now mounted my 2nd pair of 800XS's and have another tab for an external phone aerial as well as a UHF aerial (when they eventually come). ill get the lights wired up in the new year along with some other electrical work.

ill post up some pics soon.

Old 18-12-2011
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 39 Times in 28 Posts

here are a couple of pics of the aerial tabs.

the second aerial tab

and the two tabs i used to mount the lights

and i threw dads old aerial on for looks

now i just got to get them all wired up so they actually work lol

Post New Thread  Reply