JK Mod's - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-03-2007
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default JK Mod's

OK. There is almost universal agreement that bumpers are ugly and we're getting shafted on the tyres. So what can we do about it?

I've got a 4-dr Rubi (half doors) on order and have plans for 35" G/Y MTR's on Mickey Thomson rims. But What do I do for replacement bumpers. Are there any available (or when will they be available)?? And what suspension kits are available (or when) so we can fit the larger rubber under the guards??

I want to get all my work done (i.e. wheels, tyres, suspension and possibly, new bumpers installed) before I pick it up. So the plan is to have everything ordered in and ready to go.

Does anyone actually own a new JK yet? Are you driving it around stock? Can you modify the existing bumper ala TJ? What mods do you have on order??
Old 13-03-2007
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Are you sure the dealer will put a lift and 35's on for you, I doubt they will give you any warranty coverage, might have to drive it around stock for a while and wait for the aftermarket to catch up!!
Old 13-03-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quadratec.com is a good place to see what's available.

Projectjk.com is another good resource (once you've navigated it)

What they both have in common is that they're US based where the JK has been out for months. Unless you order directly from those guys, it will be a while before a good choice of JK aftermarket mods is available here in Aus.

Budget suspension boost and a set of 35's shouldn't cause you too many problems, especially when you figure how long you have to wait until you pick your JK uo from the dealer (I'm assuming)
Old 13-03-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE=millhouse]Are you sure the dealer will put a lift and 35's on for you, I doubt they will give you any warranty coverageQUOTE]

The dealers not putting it on, but because I'm in NT he's going to help out by droppping the car off to have the tyres etc installed.
Old 13-03-2007
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

front and rear bars, 2" lift ome should have one soon?, 33s and a couple of spots.
Then it'll be sweeeeet!
Old 13-03-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quadratec and the JK-forum have been very useful, but that's the problem nothing available in AUS, so were stuck driving around with that god-awful bumper for months until ARB come out with something.
Old 13-03-2007
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wooders to the rescue!!!