2008 Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT8®: Quickest Jeep Ever - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > PORTAL > AUSTRALIAN JEEP NEWS
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2008
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJ from WA View Post
its 5.2sec still damn fast. its $85,000 though!

Falcon xr6 turbo $45,000 cheaper 0-100 5.1 faster 11.7 l/100KM

And a real 4by wrangler $30,000 and $10,000 at wooders thats a better package!
thats how i would spend it though.
Falcon said 5.1, but i havent seen many tests that back that up...

and fuel economy, might be 11.7, but not if you actually drive the car

The jeep is srt8 is a great car for someone who maybe has had fast cars, now needs one for going away, packing in the family, but still wants some excitment.. seems to me like a good all round package, not the fastest, but will still give alot of things a run for their money, not great of road, but a hell of alot better than a falcon , plus put 3 kids, a wife, and your gear, and go away, i know the jeep would be my choice over a family falcon

Last edited by Aaronsjeep; 11-08-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-09-2008
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

this would kill falcons and commodores.
can't take it offroad unless you replace the whole drive system i think
Old 12-09-2008
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
there you go a 14.269 sec 1/4 mile a subaru forester 1994 svx will run that. and you then. pick one up for 10K that leaves $75,990 for your off raod car. the sedans would do it mid 13's yes the jeep is quick but you get for less money every where you go.
One of these ran a 13.05 at the 06 Mopar Sunday so this dude was obviously asleep at the wheel .Makes the subaru look sloowww. Btw it was straight from the dealer with the exhaust dropped
Old 12-09-2008
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the car is way overpriced and probably why we dun see that many about.

i love it and if i was filthy rich, i'd definately get one.

i found a very cheap one mid this year for $65k...2007 with 27,000km in great nick at bmw melb. missed out on it. too slow!
Old 12-10-2008
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguided_will View Post
the car is way overpriced and probably why we dun see that many about.

i love it and if i was filthy rich, i'd definately get one.

i found a very cheap one mid this year for $65k...2007 with 27,000km in great nick at bmw melb. missed out on it. too slow!
click here

theres one for 62k... black with just under 6000kms.. i know if i had the cash to buy one i would! shit hot!
Old 02-11-2008
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry to dig this up but the SRT-8 are hitting 0-100 in less than 5 secs, 4.7 to be precise. How about a 7.0 Liter HEMI.
Old 03-11-2008
Pollie Waffle

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
why would you want a car like this. its not made for speed a commonwhore and falcoon will beat it on road and you cant take it offroad it gets beaten everywhere. and for the price you buy a V8 and a wrangler.

same for a trd hilux i suppose. but whatever floats you boat.
Why ZJ? Becasue we are Jeep LOVERS!

I've been tossing up on what to buy to tow my JK when I eventually put it on a trailer...

I WAS going to go for the SRT 300... but I think I just found my new baby!

It'll tow it, look sh!t hot AND its a Jeep!

Bring it!
Post New Thread  Reply