What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 102 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2009
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Put it in for service and had the ball joints replaced under warranty. Nice of the dealer to do that but a bit scary considering I've only just clocked up 22,000 kms.

B.
Old 13-12-2009
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

[quote=Gravel;1030881]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca2801 View Post
OK Provent in and a few pics of the Grab handles and sill guards...I know...terribley exciting!! haha
Matt.

Engine bay looks a bit clean ... def cleaner than mine ... ...

More exciting than the my new plates? "Yes"

Still ..... ordered rear ARB Bar to match the front and "flashpac' ...
I love the look of the ARB bar...mine are on order, front and rear but they are quoting delivery in the new year...damn!

Plates look good, slimline are the go when you have the bars fitted...might have to follow suit later!

Matt.

Last edited by Macca2801; 13-12-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 13-12-2009
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

relocated shock mounts further out on axle tubes so i dont turn the shocks into bananas. tweaked ABS lines so they dont pull tight at full articulation and hopefully don't pinch on compression. Still need to tweak the brake lines a bit though, they get tight when steering.

also spent some time thinking and then tweaking swaybar level..has improved the ride quality amazingly.
Old 13-12-2009
DetroitDemon

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yom View Post
relocated shock mounts further out on axle tubes so i dont turn the shocks into bananas. tweaked ABS lines so they dont pull tight at full articulation and hopefully don't pinch on compression. Still need to tweak the brake lines a bit though, they get tight when steering.

also spent some time thinking and then tweaking swaybar level..has improved the ride quality amazingly.
are you able to post a pic of where you relocated your shock mounts to?

Cheers
Old 13-12-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca2801 View Post
OK Provent in and a few pics of the Grab handles and sill guards...I know...terribley exciting!! haha
Matt.[IMG]
Excuse my ignorance but whats the provent for?
IPF 900xs
UHF
285/75x16 KM2s
Snorkel
Old 13-12-2009
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewinmanx View Post
Excuse my ignorance but whats the provent for?
Pull the hose off the intake pipe (pcv rocker to intake pre turbo) and have a look at the amount of oil in the fitting. All modern engines breath blow by oil into the intake (emissions requirement) rather than breathing out to atmoshere. This oil degrades the boost hoses and congeals in the intercooler and will eventually reduce the flow of air though the intake.

Hence Provent, it filters the bypass air and you either plumb it into the sump or once a month drain the oil out of the provent.

Matt.
Old 14-12-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So in reality it is in fact a catch can. did you make it yourself or purchase it???
ome 2' lift
Tigerz 11 winch
Post New Thread  Reply