JK drivers post your pics - Page 433 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-01-2014
Not da Ride It's da Rider

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Some shots from Glasshouse today.

First real trip in the new JK

Millhouse

Ian

So pretty

Old 26-01-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default JK drivers post your pics

I was also at glasshouse today! Met up with another JK by chance, so we cruised together for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 26-01-2014
Not da Ride It's da Rider

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

We didn't see another vehicle all day, except when we headed upto the lookout for lunch.
Old 26-01-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default looks great,

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D View Post
Sold my MY11 2dr and upgraded to a MY13 JKU in Billet, already started the mods this week by adding 285/70/17 Summit mudhogs to a set of Argent Sarvage AEV rims.

are you happy with it, i have a 2007 JK and have upgraded to a 2013 rubi, comes on the 15 Feb. Is your car heaps better than your old one
Old 26-01-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default good write up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
A week ago I got the new Uneek rack fitted by Phil at Shents. The image was taken straight after with no roof on.

Was nervous about the overall height of the thing with the rack. My carport is 2200mm and the Jeep squeezes in by 50mm (phew...would have had to sell and move (Running 3.5 in lift, 35s and now the rack).

Refitted hard top at end of holidays. Today I loaded up a 3.6m tandem, sit on top kayak weighing 34kg by myself. Using a Strong Arm kayak loader made up at Nelson Bay north of Newcastle. We have a second identical kayak, so the next trip will be loading up both on the rack. It was confidence-inspiring to be able to simply stand on the rack and position the kayak(s) and strap it down.

The Uneek rack is so well made it has to be seen, and price-competitive against Gobi, Baja etc, and Australian made. Who said manufacturing in this country is dead. We just can't compete on low quality, mass produced stuff...but on engineered, niche, high quality stuff.

Headed down to Murray's beach on Lake Macquarie (no wheeling unfortunately) and took the kids across the lake, had a BBQ, loaded it all up again and headed home. What a great day. Looking forward to taking it camping up the Barringtons in the next month or and loading the thing up with everything that comes with that.
Pic taken at Swansea - picking up bacon, eggs and rolls for BBQ.
Thanks for the good write up, i am ordering one my self, did you install it your self, if so was it as easy as the video shows, some have had issues getting the factory one off, did you have any issues and did it take you 3 hrs to install, thanks in advance
Old 26-01-2014
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty480 View Post
are you happy with it, i have a 2007 JK and have upgraded to a 2013 rubi, comes on the 15 Feb. Is your car heaps better than your old one
Its better in every way, and I brought this with no compromises tech pack, safety pack, colour ive wanted since I found out about its release, engine/trans etc... has power where ever you need it and even unlifted and on 33" muddies gets respectable fuel econ, been out most of the long weekend in mud/slush and it just lapped it up with ease. JKU has none of the cargo (or lack thereof) issues I had in the MY11 SWB. That said I never hated my previous JK... just that this one does everything I want and then some.
Old 27-01-2014
Established Member

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

]http:// http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=66364&stc=1&d=1390750190[/IMG]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPR0128.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	66364   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140115_122934-1.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	66365