Window Regulator failed - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-05-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Window Regulator failed

Hi Ladies and Gents

I have a left rear and front left windows both go on me in the last few weeks . The left rear makes a horrible sound and the glass doesn't move at all, but it does slip down a couple of inches just driving around town. The front left doesn't move, slip or make any noises what so ever.

This is a first for my 2003 KJCRD . Just looking to see if this is a job worth attempting my self or would it be worth getting it done , and if so who does it ? Is it a mechanic or an auto sparky.

If I do attempt it my self , the parts would have to be found . Any suggestions on where they can be found. I am happy to give it a go.

Thanks in advance
Steve

Is it beer o"clock yet!!!!

2005 TJ
2003 KJ CRD
Little 03 Honda Jazz
Old 18-05-2017
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

If it's anything like the WJ regulator you might be able to fix it up. Take it out and you will see the little broken clip where the wire attached to the frame, just screw it on and you should be good to go.
They aren't hard to get out, door trim off, couple of bolts and out she comes, just remember a strip of duct tape to hold the window up though

Sent from under my Grand Cherokee
Old 18-05-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

Steiger kits from the US. I believe a few guys in Aus have used them, and they come with full instructions.
Old 18-05-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Sounds like your rear one has the same problem mine had. The regulator clip was broken so I replaced it.
Cost $11 for a clip and about an hour to change it, pretty easy and there's plenty of instructions on how to do it online.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Window-Re...oAAOSwHnFVusQB

Your front sounds like it may be electrical, so check all the wiring. You may need a compete unit but there not to exy on ebay.

2015 KL Limited with all the goodies.
ex 06 KJ CRD Renegade, Lifted and GDE Tuned
Old 18-05-2017
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts

Steiger - here's a previous post on the subject.

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=132360
Old 19-05-2017
AJOR Silver

Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

Yep, Steiger are the quality solution.
Post New Thread  Reply