New to the Forum and Xj's - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Sticky's - New members please stop by
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-11-2015

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 61 Times in 27 Posts
Default New to the Forum and Xj's

HI everyone,

Just thought I would drop a quick hello and introduce myself.

I have always had a bit of a soft spot for the old XJ's and after selling my last 4x4 a few months ago and trying to have a break from it all I have succumbed to another project and bought myself a 96 XJ Sport.

I used to have a ZG many years ago so the XJ is not entirely foreign, but its still a bit of a learning curve discovering all the little quirks.

Had it for a week, got a strong motor, box is good and mechanically its very sound. Body is very straight and since its black its hard to hide those little dings.

So this weekend its time to start the major service of it before the mods start.

Once that is done can think about the lift..at this stage I am leaning to a 4.5" long arm kit, but have not really made my mind up yet and will have a more serious think when the times comes

Will get some pics if your interested, but for some reason I keep forgetting.
Old 21-11-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 166 Times in 99 Posts

Welcome aboard doka.
You'll find lots of support and a wealth of knowledge on XJ's here.
Enjoy
Old 21-11-2015

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 61 Times in 27 Posts

Thanks Ruffy..

Managed to get a few things done today, not as much as I hoped but its a start.

Quick trip to the wreckers and got rid of the 'tinted' tail lights the previous owner put on it, fuel filter, air filer, engine oil and filter etc.

Whoever put the last filter on made sure it was on tight. I have never seen a filter so hard to get off in my life. Filter wrench would not work, even the screwdriver through the filter would not budge it. But a quick trip up the road and got one of those chain filter wrenches which did the job

Orders some BTF Diff covers so diff oils will get changed when they get here

Bit of a clean up underneath and a few other bits and pieces.

Now its time to relax with a beer and do a bit of shopping/research for bar work and lift kit...

couple quick pics

Old 21-11-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 87 Times in 60 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doka404 View Post
HI everyone,

Just thought I would drop a quick hello and introduce myself.

I have always had a bit of a soft spot for the old XJ's and after selling my last 4x4 a few months ago and trying to have a break from it all I have succumbed to another project and bought myself a 96 XJ Sport.

I used to have a ZG many years ago so the XJ is not entirely foreign, but its still a bit of a learning curve discovering all the little quirks.

Had it for a week, got a strong motor, box is good and mechanically its very sound. Body is very straight and since its black its hard to hide those little dings.

So this weekend its time to start the major service of it before the mods start.

Once that is done can think about the lift..at this stage I am leaning to a 4.5" long arm kit, but have not really made my mind up yet and will have a more serious think when the times comes

Will get some pics if your interested, but for some reason I keep forgetting.

Nice One.

Stay in touch.

Eddy
Old 22-12-2015
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

One suggestion. Think armor. You don't have to go crazy right away with skid plates but you should consider protection for the Transfer Case and some rock rails if you are taking it offroad. Unibody makes the rocker panels difficult (utterly impossible) to repair.

I have an older version of these that stick out far enough to keep the door handles from getting knocked off and the roof gutters off trees.

http://www.jcroffroad.com/product/XJSL/XJSL-CL.html

I bought my XJ new in '99 and have driven it so it gets me off the mountain EVERY time. Been the best rig I have ever owned.

Post New Thread  Reply