Service Exhaust Immediately - Page 9 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-08-2023
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,895 Times in 2,306 Posts

I'll be in Canberra in October ........................ I posted the actual temps compared to the gauge position somewhere, if only I could remember what they were.... anything over half way is too bluddy hot...........

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 19-08-2023
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARWEST View Post
I'll drop mine off n take yours for a run mate....only have it for a few days/week/fortnight woteva the 'salt mines' demand...but....I think the next gig is Canberra....so do you mind of I take it via Kosciosko ????....can give a full read out....freeway...mountains....snow....back roads....city....just tryin to help out....jus sayin.
ps: will make sure mine's as shiny as a diamond in a goats arse to keep up the city image before I give it to you....no need to clean yours mate...it'll be filthy when I hand it back
Don't get too acclimatised to the air con seats, the Teyes touch screen and other goodies 😂
Old 19-08-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 567 Times in 291 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I remember posts from the early days that the gauge rises when working unlike jap stuff where the gauge stays half way till it’s very hot, then fires up to the red quickly. Mine runs when not towing and reasonably flat just below half way and I have achieved 7.7 Ltrs per hundred when it was younger and 5-30 Mobil 1 esp but is higher with 10-40. Thinner oils gave more mpg’s So good for marketing
Old 19-08-2023
MonsterMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebreakerbob View Post
I remember posts from the early days that the gauge rises when working unlike jap stuff where the gauge stays half way till it’s very hot, then fires up to the red quickly. Mine runs when not towing and reasonably flat just below half way and I have achieved 7.7 Ltrs per hundred when it was younger and 5-30 Mobil 1 esp but is higher with 10-40. Thinner oils gave more mpg’s So good for marketing
Best Ive managed was low 8's when I first got it but that changed once I upped to 40 grade and as I upgraded oil and tyres its steadily crept up, I don't care really and with the SRT gauges activated at least I can see actually readings and not stupid marks on a dial which really mean bugga all..... oil pressure, oil temp, tranny temp, coolant temp as well as air outside and at intake is very informative, glanced at then ignored until something goes wrong, I'm all for the info but prefer to look out the window, all this smart car bling and they can't fit decent gauges, suppose most drivers nowadays don't have a clue anyway so why waste the money.. I give it a glance then ignore it.............

Old 19-08-2023
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,282 Times in 738 Posts

My fav,. Auto outlet was priced pretty similiar to my auto store in upperkickatinalong so I'll spend local when I get home......is anybody using LUCAS Upper Cylinder Lubricant and Fuel Conditioner as a fuel system lube ???....product packaging states 'lubes fuel pumps'....the Fuel Doctor (green in colour product) stated to use 500ml to 'shock' the tank before using 1ml/lt of diezel as an on going fail safe...also looked at the Diesel Power product but find mention on its packaging of it enhancing pump lubrication

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Old 19-08-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 567 Times in 291 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Lucas stuff seems to get a good wrap
Old 20-08-2023
MonsterMoose

I looked at them all including the Moreys, ended up with fuel Doctor because I liked the bottle it came in, can measure out the amount in the bottle and tip it in, I use the dinky funnel that came with the Jeep, I didn't chuck in the 500ml as I really only wanted the lube part and thought it will clean as it goes, I wasn't having nay fuelling issues and at $50...............
Got another credit tother day, going good this service, $30 odd off my oil and now got a $10 credit on the 2 bags of Nulon Diff oil I bought last week, which I used the credit from the oil to buy ...... perfect timing....

Post New Thread  Reply