EVC/I Drive Throttle Controller fitment... - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-12-2023
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,282 Times in 738 Posts

Drover these tyres have been on it since purchase...around 50k ago....probs 15-20k left in em depending on vehicle use...you know what I mean...towing/beach/hiway etc etc....only had it 'step out' once on me....last year in front of that College around Rockdale in Sydney....turning left onto the Princes Hwy from President Avenue junction....was raining...its a concrete road...rain had lifted the oil out of the concrete making it even slipperier....applied what I thought wasnt a liberal amount of go pressure....instant flashback to the '70-80's.....would have thought the traction control would have caught it quicker than it did...but nope...hands were crossed up in both directions before it settled....havnt had an issue with them other than that once.....been around plenty of water covered corners and never felt 'nervous'....pretty good tyres mate

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday

Last edited by FARWEST; 28-12-2023 at 02:57 PM.
Old 28-12-2023
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,282 Times in 738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernComfort View Post
You needed a calendar if you wanted to time it before finally launching

Will be keeping that one Tony...you know I luvs me a good saying....thanx

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Old 28-12-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 654 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
Oh while Ive got you lot, Whats the biggest 20" tyre you can fit without creating hassles when towing and touring ?????? For a fiend as I wouldn't touch 20" with a barge pole.
275/55/20 will fit no dramas with a very small amount of scrubbing at full lock (and possibly full compression)

Old 02-01-2024
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,895 Times in 2,306 Posts

Well the gizmo turned up today and about 10 mins later all hooked up, a short test drive shows it will take me a bit of trial and error to find a comfortable setting, certainly right about above U5, lucky I was on a highway, certainly twitchy ..... Have to remember to change it when Mrs D drives, she will certainly launch things...

I fitted it alongside the air vent so I can easily get at it ...........

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 02-01-2024
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
Well the gizmo turned up today and about 10 mins later all hooked up, a short test drive shows it will take me a bit of trial and error to find a comfortable setting, certainly right about above U5, lucky I was on a highway, certainly twitchy ..... Have to remember to change it when Mrs D drives, she will certainly launch things...

I fitted it alongside the air vent so I can easily get at it ...........
Haha, try it on U9, that's a lot of fun
Old 06-01-2024
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,895 Times in 2,306 Posts

Well the town I'm near at the moment has about 3,000 traffic lights, roundabouts and 6 times as many idiot drivers, so E0/E1 gives good throttle response for me in the traffic and U3 seems okay on the open road though E0 seems just as good, I suppose each vehicle responds differently, be interesting to see which setting is good when towing though I didn't mind the OE setting, everything went smoothly with a load on the back..............
Did find out about U9, stupid me thought the sequence for U was the same as E, so when I tickled the throttle we launched into space, lucky I wasn't about to get on the highway at the time and on the backroad near where we are ......... Have since read the manual a bit better and see that while E9 is the lowest setting U9 is we have lift off....

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply