What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 213 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-09-2010
DetroitDemon

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallyd View Post
Installed my 2nd battery and changed my shock from stiff stocks to a little more comfortable Skyjackers.
Tomorrow to take wheels of and flex axles to check brake lines and so on
i have the skyjacker shocks and they flex great (given nothing else binds first) but they are easily damaged and dont really like corrugations that much but otherwise they are O.K for a cheaper shock
Old 18-09-2010
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Fixed the new grill insert, was only put in temporary with cable tie mounts double sided taped into place to make sure I like it. Pulled all the double sided tape off and glued the cable tie mounts in place and re cable tied it back in. Still easly removeable of needed, just gotta cut 18 cable ties

Pulled the accelerator pedal out to pacek underneath it a little but couldnt remove the bloody studs to longer bolts in. Might try again tomorrow..

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 18-09-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts

Fitted Congo cge with Rhino deck, waiting on side rails (couple of weeks)
Wanted to do some camping without the boat so needed to use the roof
Old 18-09-2010
RubiconSlammer

Liked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Swapped my sway bar links over

After installing the AEV 3.5" lift and the Teraflex S/T sway bar system I was less than enthused about the angle the sway bar was on for the links to clear the tyre sidewall on flex.

I had a look at the angles and put the rears back in on the front (took out the longer ones that came with the sway bar). Because the new sway bar sits in the cross beam and sits lower than the original, I went back to the stock mounting position on the axle.

The results are great, the sway bar angle is good, no contact with the tyres and it clears the drag link at full stuff.

I was down in Sundown Nat park last weekend an it worked great.
Now

Before
Old 19-09-2010
not just a web wheeler

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Installed my new diesel power chip and went drag racing today! Pretty scary is 520nm of torque, gives you maybe too much confidence to overtake!!!!
Old 19-09-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

Very nice, been thinking of going to the Teraflex sway bar too.

Where did you get it from and was it pricey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJ View Post
After installing the AEV 3.5" lift and the Teraflex S/T sway bar system I was less than enthused about the angle the sway bar was on for the links to clear the tyre sidewall on flex.

I had a look at the angles and put the rears back in on the front (took out the longer ones that came with the sway bar). Because the new sway bar sits in the cross beam and sits lower than the original, I went back to the stock mounting position on the axle.

The results are great, the sway bar angle is good, no contact with the tyres and it clears the drag link at full stuff.

I was down in Sundown Nat park last weekend an it worked great.
Now
IPF 900xs
UHF
285/75x16 KM2s
Snorkel

Last edited by drewinmanx; 19-09-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 19-09-2010
RubiconSlammer

Liked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewinmanx View Post
Very nice, been thinking of going to the Teraflex sway bar too.

Where did you get it from and was it pricey!!
I bought it straight from Teraflex (www.teraflex.biz) and it was only US$300 plus freight as it was on runnout for the new model with forged arms, they also do a dual rate one as well.

I did a write up on the install as well which is here: http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...ad.php?t=97443.