WK2 Bull bar thread - Page 13 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm not a fan of the upswept hoops, but I would go without the hoops, so I'm probably not the best to comment on them.

I do like the way the bar goes down below the grille in the middle now. Very cool.

The corners of the bar look like they stick out quite far, making the bar look a bit bulky to me. I think it would be great to see them more swept back, following the contours of the car. I wonder what others think? Of course I'm not sure how that works logistically as far as where you cut the bumper and things like that, but purely from a visual standpoint I think it would look more fitted to the WK2.

Definitely looking good. And definitely loving that we all get to put in our comments and suggestions.

Yesterday I had to remove my front air dam and ACC Camera. Reminds me how badly we need some front end protection! Any luck finding a car with ACC to scan?
Old 04-04-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default WK2 Bull bar thread

Hey Dave,

I agree with KKnut, forget about what ARB may (or may not) do. They've had plenty of opportunities to do exactly what you are doing. That is, consult with the customer and develop a quality product based on the feedback. I think it's awesome that you've picked this up and committed to it full tilt (unlike ARB). It shows good business sense and I'd much rather give my cash to the small business who listens & cares about its customers. Keep up the great work mate. BTW, I'd probably like to see the tops of the wings swept back as has been mentioned by others or I could just go the wingless option in pic 3.
Old 04-04-2013
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 86 Times in 40 Posts

Now by wings I mean the plate section on the lower bar, not the top tube. A bull bar consists of the following:

Mounting system
Centre
Wings
Top hoop ( with or with out tube that goes around the headlights)

My last pics really were getting feedback on the plate section. Upswept or not.

I will modify the risers that attach the top hoop to be angled in line with the grill.
Old 04-04-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ahh... I see. Yes I love the new wings! Very cool!

As I mentioned before, I'd love to see the wings swept back a bit more as well, if it's possible. Not sure how everyone else feels about it though.
Old 04-04-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I like the upswept wings of the bar.
Still undecided on whether I'd go for the single grille guard only or the full set shown in Picture 1 & 2.
Will you be taking orders for both versions or just 1 (the winning design)?

Is there a reason for the vertical section below the bar? (Just asking)

I'd also like to see the lights recessed into the bar so they don't get cracked when things hit the bar.

Good work though! I was holding out for ARB but screw them.
Old 04-04-2013
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh ok. I think they look fine but would like to see the other option just so I can pick the difference.
Old 04-04-2013
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I reckon that horizontal cutout in the front of the bar would fit an LED light at perfectly or one either side of a winch if that was an option.
Post New Thread  Reply