Anyone with a DRBIII scan tool ? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2018
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Anyone with a DRBIII scan tool ?

Hey Guys
looking for a DRBIII scan tool for about 20mins in Braeside Vic

What i need to do is check or set the glowplug voltage on my 2005 Jeep Cherokee 2.8 CRD , ive only had it a couple of months but i had to replace the ecu as it was burnt out and im not sure what voltage the glow plugs are set too in the new ecu, i just put in a new set of 7V ones because number 2 was throwing a code but on any cold nights it wont start, so i suspect that the replaced ecu may be set for the 5V glow plugs so not getting hot.
Also randomly gets an ABS light so would be good to know what sensor is playing up.

would also be good to put in the correct VIN though thats not really causing any problems.

oh and for some reason the glow plug loom was in backwards as well, which ive read is common ?

thanks
Old 05-09-2018
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,550 Times in 4,342 Posts

Jeep dealers are the only ones with DBRIII, unless someone has a few $1000 to spare. A few years ago some one in China cloned it & was selling the software for a couple of hundred, I wish I had got a copy.
Old 05-09-2018
Jedi Master

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Last looks was around $3000 on eBay, second/third hand.

I’d imagine the cost of “borrorwing” one would be in the hundreds to offset the high cost of ownership hence the scarcity. Someone in BNE has one,mthink he paid $1600 a few years ago, ex eBay.

I went to 5 Sydney Jeep dealerships, none has any.
Old 27-10-2018
Jedi Master

Check out my Ride(s)

Thinking of getting a Micropod 2 and DRBIII emulator. Has anyone tried this?

http://blog.obdii365.com/2018/06/16/...-on-windows-7/

http://www.obdii365.com/wholesale/wi...-chrysler.html

Last edited by Tyvokka; 28-10-2018 at 03:42 AM.
Old 27-10-2018
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

let us know how you go with the micropod
Old 28-10-2018
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,550 Times in 4,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyvokka View Post
Thinking of getting a Micropod 2 and DRBIII emulator. Has anyone tried this?

http://blog.obdii365.com/2018/06/16/...-on-windows-7/

http://www.obdii365.com/wholesale/wi...-chrysler.html
Looks like it requires a dedicated laptop.
Let us all know how you go.
I am still kicking myself for not getting a Chinese knock off when they were on ebay years ago.
Old 28-10-2018
Jedi Master

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by layback40 View Post
Looks like it requires a dedicated laptop.
Let us all know how you go.
I am still kicking myself for not getting a Chinese knock off when they were on ebay years ago.
It can be bought with their friggin exxy laptop but has been done with personal window 7 laptop. I have win 10 so not sure how that will go. I do have a couple old laptops that I can stick in win 7 reinstall.

I haven’t decided on this yet. Am still waiting for an answer from another dude for an original DRBIII package. If it’s around $2000, I’ll grab it and resell later. They’re always needed by Chrysler DRB peeps.

Cheers
Post New Thread  Reply