November Rant Club - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry

Does anyone know of any stickers that you can put on the back of your 4b that says something like
"Softroaders - Whats the point!"
or "Do me a favour - Purge this world of Xtrails"

God I hate these things that the tryhards call '4wds'.
They drive them like sportscars. Tailgate. Hog the right lane cause they think it's their right. Talk on their phones. etc
Just seems to happen more with these tools.
Did I mention I hate softroaders.
M
Old 07-11-2012
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I cant help myself - I still laugh everytime I pull up behind a Great Wall or similar with a 4WD badge on the back. Or the Suzuki Grand Vitara with a towbar that sits about 8 inches off the ground 2 feet behind the rear wheels looking like it will hit when going over a speed hump.

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 07-11-2012
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Some a-hole thought it would be a nice idea to unzip the back window, and have a look through my jeep.. Only had a few bucks in the cup holders, and had a hat in the back seat, and everything was still there when I got in this morning. Except with the addition of on foot prints on the back seat, and an open rear window. Just thankful they didn't cut the window to get in or trash inside..

Oh well just one of the negatives of having a soft top. Definitely looks like I'll keep at the "nothing at all left in the car at night"!
Old 07-11-2012
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I am going to do something I dont normally do and name a company that have wronged me.

Youi Insurance you are a bunch of tossers.

Now for the good new part of the rant.

9 months and 3 rejections from the Insurance Company to repair the damage after torrential storms cracked roof tiles and leaked water through the ceiling, the Financial Ombudsman has reviewed the case and declared that they believe by all probabilities that the damage WAS caused by an opening created by the storm and have made the 'Recommendation' that the Insurance Company pay for the repairs plus interest.

The Insurance Company still has the option of rejecting the 'Recommendation', however if they do the Ombudsman's Office will then refer it for a 'Determination' via the courts (which may or may not be the same finding - the letter indicated it would probably be more in favour of me!!), and will be legally binding by all parties.

Looks like I might eventually get the ceiling fixed!!

Why have I decided to name names?

After the 3 official written rejections and numerous over the phone discussions with Youi, the two main reasons for denying the claim was that they said it was not a storm caused opening and refused to believe that the 'faded' sections around the repaired cracks in the roof tiles were from me cleaning them with a wire brush, rather they were from fading due to the cracks being there for a long time. I asked in all 3 written replies to their claim denials to have an independent inspector view the tiles and I would happily replicate what I did to clean the tile and cause the 'faded' section, they refused. Ombudsman agreed with ME based on Youi's OWN report and photos!!!!!!!

In the findings of the Ombudsman I now find out that that Youi also disputed my claim of the amount of rain saying it was only 24 mm not 240 mm that fell that night (but they never mentioned it to me) hence the reason it could not have damaged the tiles. The Ombudsman simply looked up the BOM details for that night and found I was quite correct, in addition to the obscene amount of rain, extreme wind was also part of the freak storm (that now has racked up $20mil worth of repairs in our small suburb of Tewantin alone). Bastards were calling me a liar.

Well, bottom line if you want cheap insurance that will find any way they can to avoid paying a claim, then give Youi a call.......

Rant over.

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club

Last edited by SeaComms; 07-11-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-11-2012
HydroKing

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts

I waxed my jeep today. Sexy sexy waxy times. Silky smooth, just wanna rub up against my jeep. MMMmmmmmm
Old 08-11-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good news Obama won.....now, if we can just get Kevin Rudd back.......??

Sent from my talking bone using white fella magic
Old 08-11-2012
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,545 Times in 4,339 Posts
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by warod View Post
Good news Obama won.....now, if we can just get Kevin Rudd back.......??

Sent from my talking bone using white fella magic
Yes the US has their equivalent to a hung parliament just like us.
Rudd isnt coming back.
The greens are still in charge.
Another 12 months of misery for us.
The US has another 4 years of what they have had for the last 4.
New Jeeps will soon come from China.
Any other news?