JK Front bumper roundup - Page 51 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-06-2009

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After reading the whole thread, I want to get either:
-MOPAR bumper with fog lights (no winch version)
-WARN bumper that looks similar (no winch)(no rail thing, just the steel bumper)

the thing is, the WARN bumper is half the price but (apparently) is not ADR compliant..

Can somebody shed some light on just what the implications are of having a "non ADR compliant" bar?
Old 24-06-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim View Post
After reading the whole thread, I want to get either:
-MOPAR bumper with fog lights (no winch version)
-WARN bumper that looks similar (no winch)(no rail thing, just the steel bumper)

the thing is, the WARN bumper is half the price but (apparently) is not ADR compliant..

Can somebody shed some light on just what the implications are of having a "non ADR compliant" bar?
If you have an at fault accident then your insurance company may refuse to pay the claim as your car does not meet Road Safety requirements. Also can get you in trouble with the donuts and coffee brigade as they could do you for a non legal car. Which would mean having to put the stocker or an aftermarket ADR approved bar on and take it over the pits or get an RWC or whatever is required for rego in Aust.

Also its worth noting that the MOPAR bar with foglight cutouts is not ADR approved as it hasnt been tested. Thats not to say it wouldnt be just that it hasnt been tested.
Old 24-06-2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cheers mcnamg, might play it safe and go for the MOPAR ADR Compliant. Silly that the WARN bumper isnt though - looks very similar.
Old 24-06-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim View Post
Cheers mcnamg, might play it safe and go for the MOPAR ADR Compliant. Silly that the WARN bumper isnt though - looks very similar.
Its because of the recovery eyes on the front of the bumper. ADR's require that there be no protrusions on the front of the bar. (although wich rollers which stick out just as far and can be just as bad seem to be ok). This is why on the ARB and TJM bars the recovery points are under the bar. Mopar has crush cans and the optional hooks sit behind these.
Old 26-06-2009
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy

Too bad, I went 4 the looks not for ADR compliance, should have known better...

My second favorite is AEV, should be ADR compliant, I guess...

Wouldn't touch MOPAR, my mate have one, It's too soft, small brush of anything (stump, tree, rocks) and you're in for another one, I've seen that happened.

How come you don't have the foglamps yet? don't they come standard on every JK? I took them off my old bumper, rest went to the tip...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AEV.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	33721   Click image for larger version

Name:	jk_bumper.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	33722  

Last edited by Daptodog; 27-06-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 26-06-2009
BANNED AGAIN

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnamg View Post
Its because of the recovery eyes on the front of the bumper. ADR's require that there be no protrusions on the front of the bar. (although wich rollers which stick out just as far and can be just as bad seem to be ok). This is why on the ARB and TJM bars the recovery points are under the bar. Mopar has crush cans and the optional hooks sit behind these.
Actually, I'm pretty sure the ADR states "no sharp protrusions" .

Bull bars
Bull bars must be designed and fitted so that the safety of the vehicle is not adversely affected. They
must be securely mounted and supported, and must not constitute a danger to other road users. Bull
bars must not obstruct the vision of the driver and should not project further from the front of the vehicle
than is necessary for its attachment. Bull bars should not add a significant load to the front suspension.
Bull bars must be free of sharp protrusions and all exposed sections of the bull bar and fittings must be
radiused and deburred. Forward and side surfaces should be designed to reduce the risk of injury to
any person who may come into contact with the bull bar.
Bull bars must not obscure any light. In particular, the visibility of indicator lights at all viewing angles
must not be reduced, and if so, additional lights must be fitted or the original light relocated in
accordance with the relevant legislation or Australian Design Rules. Surfaces of the bar that could
reflect light from the vehicle's headlights must be matt black.
Vehicles fitted with an airbag or manufactured to comply with ADR 69 - Full Frontal Impact Occupant
Protection or both ADR 69/.. and ADR 73/.. – Offset Frontal Impact Protection, can only be fitted with a
bull bar which:
• has been certified by the vehicle manufacturer as suitable for that vehicle; or
• has been demonstrated by the bull bar manufacturer to not adversely affect compliance with the
ADRs or interfere with the critical airbag timing mechanism, as the case may be.
Bull bars that comply with AS 4876.1-2002 provide a higher level of pedestrian protection.

Last edited by Fat Chili; 26-06-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old 27-06-2009
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

aev has made one without the bull bars for the european market but havent put them into production yet as there is not enough demand. not sure what aussie rules state.
Click image for larger version

Name:	tubelessAEVBumper.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	33724
Post New Thread  Reply