JavaJeep Update - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-01-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 54 Times in 27 Posts
Default JavaJeep Update

G'day all

It's been ages since I posted anything

An update on whats going on in Java-land

CJ-7 changed the power steering pump and some minor work to get it back on the road in the next few weeks

J20 - back to the chassis rebuild , all the rust has been cut out and ready for primer , long way to go , maybe 6 months . The photos below are from before the body came off.

FrankenJeep - my Willys has been sitting for 12 months in the workshop , I have a 4,000 square foot warehouse and it's so chock full of aircraft parts I cant walk through it let alone work in there. The J20's being worked on outside

It's time to move to a bigger warehouse

I've been so busy trying to keep the company alive and growing in 2008 I've had to get a full time welder on the team to keep work on the Jeeps moving along (as well as work projects)

So much for the plan of working for yourself knocking off at 6 or 7pm and doing some work on the Jeeps after hours , I usually knock off around midnight most days

The company is consuming all the spare cash at the moment so the Jeep projects are being drip fed BUT I have accumulated a large collection of aircraft components that will go on the Jeeps.

~ instruments like voltmeters and ammeters
~ Circuit breakers , relays and nearly 1,000 kg of copper nickel aircraft wiring and some serious high current cable (enough wire to probably 30 Jeeps)
~ cargo tie downs and cargo floor rails for the J20
~ Some nice 727 magnetic compasses for the J20 and Willys
~ Aircraft grade bolts - nearly 2 tonnes of them !
~ titanium tubing and heaps of aeroquip fittings

In the photos is my new variable pitch engine cooling louvre from a donor Boeing 727-200 (used to control air flow through the air cycle machine) , the boys are removing it from the panel we took off the aircraft in the photos

Last edited by javajeep; 31-01-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 31-01-2009
westside wheeler

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

love the j20.. whot is your plans?
Old 31-01-2009
CrawlerStar

Hi Ian

Step 01 - get it back on the road , it's basically my workshop truck

258 6cyl
T18A 4 speed and NP208 transfer case
D44 front and full floater D60 rear
8 lug hubs

The wish list for future mods includes

~ Turbo diesel
~ Roll cage in the rear tray
~ Snorkel
~ 16 inch rims
~ 36.5x16 Simex Extreme Trekkers or Swampers
~ Snorkel exhaust behind the cab (done)
~ Mild body lift
~ Spring over
~ New front bumper and winch mount
~ Paint - matt black top , red in the centre , gloss black on the fender flares and below
~ Lockers

This is a 'no bs' photo of the truck carrying an Antonov 12 4,000shp turbo prop engine that I bought which caused a bit of reaction when driving down the road

I'd love to convert it to a 6x6 one day (see photo below which is photoshop )

Last edited by javajeep; 31-01-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 31-01-2009
westside wheeler

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

haha nice..

i just got myself a j20 the same specs as yours for a tow rig for my tj..

I love the granny 1st gear
Old 31-01-2009
CrawlerStar

I had to be careful when I had that engine in the back , I reckon if I gassed it I could have popped a 'one time' wheelie with the granny 1st ...

The J20 is too long for off road here and if it gets stuck it's hard to find a winch or truck big enough to pull its fat ass out of the mud so it's a parts hauler

It IS good for Jakarta floods , it will go through a metre deep flood with no problems

Last edited by javajeep; 31-01-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-02-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dude, what is your name and where are you based? I'm based in Solo, do a lot of mods with Jeeps and often go to Jkt. I'm in Perth at the moment.

Should catch up some time.

Some of my work include the Cherokee that is in the current Jip Magazine.

Regards

Widodo
Old 01-02-2009
CrawlerStar

Hi Widodo,

I'm based in pondok cabe , my Willys I actually bought in Solo in 2000

Check out my website www.asean-aerospace.com

I'll be in Perth in late Feb early March , we are bringing an aircraft down from Halim to Perth via Bali and Broome

Regards

Tony

Last edited by javajeep; 01-02-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply