WH: Grand Hemi build - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-11-2018
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 98 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojeep View Post
The airdam is also good for increasing negative air pressure behind the radiator which improves cooling.
Thanks for the heads up! I was planning on getting a front bar but didnt end up happening. Unlike the XJ I've found that the Hemi's radiator + fan are more than capable of keeping everything within a temp range that is acceptable for the activity at hand.
Old 01-05-2019
Full Flexer

Well its been awhile since I've done much more than drive it, but I've moved and now got myself a shed so time to bring on the mods... but first I've had a transmission issue detailed in the below link. Summary is that it looks to be a failure of the pan filter.

Transmission troubleshooting

Last edited by Windex; 07-05-2019 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-05-2019
Full Flexer

Due to the Jeep being unmoveable I decided to flush out my rear diff as I had not changed the oil in my ownership, it was a little dirty but had no metal flakes and the wear pattern on the teeth was perfect for something with 200k+ kms on it. I gave it a good blast with brake clean to remove as much of the old fluid and particles as I could and cleaned off the magnet. From doing some RTV analysis it looks like it has been changed in its lifetime as there was both orange and black RTV remnants on it.
Old 10-05-2019
Full Flexer

After filling all the fluids back up shes running again! Need to do a final clean as the auto fluid seems to get everywhere when dropping the pan.

Since I've got a daily driver these days I was able to spend a bit more time poking around under the car and decided I'd look into the exhaust as a mate had mentioned my car being quite stinky when 4wding a month or two back. I had the catback section replaced due to rust not that long ago and had always wondered if there was ever flex pipe in the system (there isnt), so I inspected the header bolts, I've got a loose heat shield on both sides so I've got at least 1x broken header bolt on each side that will no doubt be causing at least a slight exhaust leak. Fortunately I managed to find some SRT-8 headers which some in the US have had success in using so I'll try to fit them up when I replace the bolts as they are apparently a good upgrade (if they fit).

Old 19-05-2019
Full Flexer

The other thing I'd been chasing recently was a clunk from the rear of the car, it sounded very might like it was inside so took a few plastic panels off to investigate, found the amplifier a little loose in its brackets but the main culprit turned out to by my swaybar end links (the lower end of the links). So they are sitting on my garage floor.

While I had everything apart I decided to look at installing a few items a little more permanently in the back of the car, looking to put the compressor and fridge in there below the level of the false floor to make access easier and to give me more space and allow my fridge to be fully opened.

The fridge sits about 40-50mm lower without the false floor in which allows the lid to be opened fully with both just the glass open and the rear door.

Air compressor is sitting up the back at the moment but not sure if I'll leave it there or raise it up on a platform so longer items can be stashed under it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sway_bar.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	78246   Click image for larger version

Name:	fridge_1.jpg
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	78247   Click image for larger version

Name:	fridge_2.jpg
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	78248   Click image for larger version

Name:	fridge_3.jpg
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	78249   Click image for larger version

Name:	fridge_4.jpg
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	78250  

Click image for larger version

Name:	fridge_back.jpg
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	78251  

Last edited by Windex; 19-05-2019 at 07:06 AM.
Old 22-05-2019
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 134 Times in 86 Posts

Nice job, coming along nicely. I'm very interested in how your headers go. Are they srt8 grand cherokee headers or c300
Old 30-05-2019
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsgofaster View Post
Nice job, coming along nicely. I'm very interested in how your headers go. Are they srt8 grand cherokee headers or c300
They are 300C SRT-8 headers, the WH ones I've never seen for sale, while its a long shot that they fit without some surgery I'm not sure how close they will be in the WH as I know the WK guys have tried with no success to fit them.
Post New Thread  Reply