REVIEW: POWERAID - Throttle Body Spacer - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > PORTAL > REVIEWS & NEW PRODUCTS
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2004
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

http://members.dcsi.net.au/ozjeeper/tbs/index.html
Old 12-05-2004
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks OzJeeper....the power increase figures are impressive.....again, the question "what do they do?" is asked but remains unanswered, I would still like to know the science involved.
Quote:
"There is an often asked question about throttle body spacers for the Mopar 4lt motor and that is "what do they do?"
After having the TJ tuned and run on the dyno, we can now answer that question"
Old 12-05-2004
OG Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 76 Times in 42 Posts

All I can say is for the JBITZ TBS unit not the Poweraid so maybe this post is misplaced.
OK in easy terms guys, there was a whole tread about this about 6 months ago explaining the way the work but the easy explination is :

throttle body is lifted form manifold alowing slightly cooler air to be introduced into the system.
back pressure from valves has room to move
due to the added room for back pressure it allows a smoother intake stroke on valves.

Alot of people say they do work, alot of people say they don't work.

My input into this is just what I have noticed from my TJ and over 100 happy customers with our product. The engine seems to be smoother and has better mid range power.

We have had our product tested by an independant source, and if you really want the full dynamics of it go to uni and do an automotive engineering degree.
Old 15-05-2004
HydroKing

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts

I don't mind trying it out, i'm keen
Old 22-08-2004
CrawlerStar

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I purchased the poweraid spacer from the states 2 years ago,best 30minute add on for $70, then went and bored out the throttlebody,but it developed a whistleing sound so had to cut straight line down the inside of the bore to break the air flow to cure it,then added the FIPK kit,Turbo city larger thermostat housing and cooler thermostat.I am very happy with it so far,running 32" MTR's original diff ratios,still getting 450 k's out of a tank
Old 22-08-2004
Rock Munki

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

AHHHHHHHH monte your a champion.. Ive had the TBS added.. and then had the throttle body bored out.. and have noticed the whistling and it shits me.. and your post just shows me Im not the only one YAYY.. whats an FIPK kit?
Old 22-08-2004
AJOR Bronze

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJeeper
http://members.dcsi.net.au/ozjeeper/tbs/index.html
tell me about the "new generation" of TBS coming out?
or is it out?
what is the difference/proposed difference design & performance wise?
Post New Thread  Reply