driving with your doors off = cops - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 16-08-2009
Original Mexican Mafia

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

One rearward viewing mirror and sunvisors are compulsory. If your doors have intrusion bars in them (TJ's dont JK's do) then they are a structual part of the vehicle and weeken the car if removed. Just a guess...Each state is different.
Old 16-08-2009
The Chook Whisperer

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EXTREME JEEP View Post
One rearward viewing mirror and sunvisors are compulsory. If your doors have intrusion bars in them (TJ's dont JK's do) then they are a structual part of the vehicle and weeken the car if removed. Just a guess...Each state is different.
The JK still has the same sticker stating the roof and doors are only for protection against the elements,do not rely on them to protect during an accident.

Worth showing police if pulled up I guess...
Old 16-08-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

here we go again... (intrusion bars...)

Forget about the person at transport mate. That wouldnt stand up anyway. Find out what laws the bloke was giving you this advice on, and on what grounds the cops say it was it a 'major defect'... Its your $300. Pay it if you want, but if you think that your right, have a better look into the actual laws involved, have a better look at what grounds they actually booked you on and how it applies to the law.

At the end of the day you do have the right to defend yourself. So if 'wasting' a day or so on your rights isnt worth it - especially when you call them 'stupid cops' it kinda makes you a hypocrite.
Old 16-08-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sigh, did u have your mirrors relocated or not OP ... if you did, stop hissing & spitting & stand up for yours & every other Jeeper's rights in court (armed with photos of your relocated mirrors, receipt for brackets, letter from Chrysler Aust about no intrusion bars & stating doors are designed to be removed on/off road etc). Hint, they'd give you such a letter real quick if they thought they were going to be exposed on TV for their cars leaving drivers open to be fined and/or losing sales because part of the appeal is lost if buyers can't take the doors off.

If you did not have mirrors relocated, then cop it sweet & don't dare call Cops the stupid ones - no side mirrors means you could kill/maim someone - then who'd feel worse than freekin' stupid hmm
Old 16-08-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I reckon you should at least stand up and say "hey what the hell's the go" or something similar, because it seems stupid to be defected for doing something well within the design parameters of the JK. Seems doubly stupid considering soft doors provide very little structural protection, and they're perfectly legal. But as others have said already, you have no leg to stand on if the mirrors came off with the doors...
Old 16-08-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

What about going and getting some proper legal advice from a solicitor. Won't cost you if you use the community free legal services.
Old 16-08-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i know i was a bit harse calling them stupid they are there to surve an protect so they are in there rights to pull me over for it i was kinda piss'd off when i post'd this but i will look into fighting for it
Post New Thread  Closed Thread