What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 402 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2011
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 107 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1chard View Post
did you just dump the sub (and if so, did you notice?)
I went on a week long camping trip 2 days after I picked up my JK. The first thing I did when I got back was take the sub out as I was sick of it encroaching into the load space. I've no doubt the music guru's around will tell you it makes a difference but I didn't notice any. All I noticed was a nice square load area that's much easier to pack.

Some have moved the sub to other places such as up on top of the wheel arch but I didn't bother. It's still just sitting on the shelf in my garage waiting to go back in when I sell the car.
Old 02-11-2011
SwampDigger

Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts
Default Bloody Clockspring!

Not done yet, but I have ordered a compressor tray and front skid plate from Blackjack and a GME 3520 from Prestige Communications.

Now that the airbag light has started coming on all the time, (then off & on & off & on...), it looks like the clockspring has had it. So I might as well book in with the stealer to get it done, the front inner guard recall and finally get the headrest on the rear passenger seat fixed as it won't fold down either... (At least that will also be a warranty fix, as I asked them to fix it during a service while under warranty & they stuffed up. The person I spoke too told the mechanics it wasn't folding down, so they pulled the strap & it folded & they said, nothing wrong. When I picked it up I pointed out that the problem was the headrest as I had said in the morning & demonstrated. He admitted he had passed on incorrect information & noted it so it would still be a warranty job on my next visit. )

Further on the list are winch, lights, sliders, rear bar... et cetera, et cetera, and so on & so forth...
Old 02-11-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default Winching Battery Meltdown

Replaced the JK battery after a winch inspired "meltdown" at Bremer Bay. Absolutely stuffed the battery...zero... you live and learn.

I was doing a longish pull recovering a Nissan on the beach and didn't have revs up at 1500rpm. Fourth recovery of a Jap 4x4 in two days...but it cost me. In a blink the cable bound up at the same time everything just ground to a halt. Winch is also needing some work + cable replaced. Going to rope.

I'll put it all down to experience. Afterwards I remembered all the pointers from articles I had read about winching process. Had it right 3 times but missed it on the fourth...bugger. Always take a deep breath in the action of the moment to check everything not just at the start but importantly during the pull.
Old 02-11-2011
RubiconSlammer

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcf View Post
Heavy. Used 15mm for frame, 12mm for drawers. A bit of alu angle for reinforcement, which weighs nothing. The 700mm, 90kg rated slides weigh the most; maybe 10kg or so a pair.

Ditched the sub ages ago, I notice bugger all difference.
How much did the runners cost u and where from??
Old 02-11-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Robinsons, a joinery mob in Geelong. They were only $50 and off the shelf too. They were $25 each cheaper than anything on fleabay
Old 02-11-2011
RubiconSlammer

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts

Great price!!!!
Old 02-11-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Finally killed the stock Optima battery (In 2.8 Diesel).
Replaced with another Optima Yellow Top Model D31A. Identical in size to the stock battery, but higher spec. 900CCA v 840CCA & 75aH v 65aH.
Quoted $495 from ARB, $450 from Battery World, paid $395 from Every Battery in Ashburton (Vic).
Why the Optima? Fits perfectly into the recessed battery tray.
Post New Thread  Reply