WA 'spotted' thread - Page 121 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-JK View Post
SBR Off Road have them and Jeep Konection do as well. Supposedly Jeep Konection import specially made ones with the tow hooks underneath to make them ADR compliant (though still not tested and officially approved) though I've never seen one. Great looking bar but not cheap and not light (a little over 60Kg I think).
Cheers- 60 KG is a little heavy, but it's the only bar the missus likes the look of. Thanks for the tips.
Old 10-01-2013
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 107 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gener8or View Post
Cheers- 60 KG is a little heavy, but it's the only bar the missus likes the look of. Thanks for the tips.
Well if she likes it then go go go . That make's it far easier to justify the spend. Then you've just go to add in the price of some new springs to pick the front end off the tarmac after you fitted it!

From memory you need to buy the lights for the wings separately as the bar doesn't come with any and they're bigger than the standard JK fog lamps. Also there's no winch cover plate available for them as far as I know so if you're not planning on running a winch then you might need to knock something up locally.
Old 10-01-2013
Established Member

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
Spotted this kick-ass JKU in Leederville today.
(My favourite Jeep colour too )

Nice find! It looks like it has been done over by Vic from SBR. It appears to have fox suspension also. I have never been a fan over those colour matched bushwacker flares, but on this they look very nice.
Old 12-01-2013
Rubicon Pentastar!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lots of holiday makers is jeeps getting around in alb, only one wave so far though from an orange tj! Spotto'd donza's ex tj too!

SBRoffroad.com.au

www.SBRoffroad.com.au
Old 13-01-2013
i am the CIG

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts

heading east up the hill bellvue on great eastern hyway aqua blue tj craw3r plates

Proud member of the "She'll Be Right" Gang
yes LEZ is my brother
Old 13-01-2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Green JK in Leederville

Hi Wes & Stampie,

The green JK In leederville with the RSE bars is mine.

Spot on with your comments about suppliers etc.

Got the lift kit from SBR but had the guys from Jeep Kraft do the fit. (nice guys and really helpful).

Bar work, spots and guards came from Quadradec. Took a while to get here but I liked the look and they're a bit different than everything else out there.

The guards are a temporary measure, put them on cause the tyres were sticking out just a bit too far and didn't want to draw too much unwanted attention.

I'm talking with the guys from Jeep Kraft who get work done through a metal fabricator. I'm looking at getting something made which are similar profile to original guards but a bit wider. Possibly combination of tube & checker plate ali.

The bushwaker flares are a bit too flimsy, so I want something more robust so I'm not worrying about getting them ripped off through the scrub. She does get a workout every weekend but then also gets a good clean. Booked in to get front diff/axle housing strengthened this week as got a slight bend the other month.

Paul is right about the lights & winch cover plate. The lights in the bar are spots, bigger than the fogs. Easy to fit though as the bar has brackets welded on the insude for easy mounting.

Cheers

Mike
Old 02-02-2013
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 307 Times in 169 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Spotted blue CJ (bikini top, no doors) on Reid Hwy Saturday arvo.
If you are on here, cheers for the wave.

Spotted the same CJ one morning near Main Street Ozzie Park a few weeks ago.