Why do we do it? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Early Model Jeep
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2006
Full Flexer

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Its a little diffrent just like me still haven't worked out if thats good or bad
Old 04-06-2006
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts

My father is a jeep fan and has always had jeeps.
I first drove dads jeep, now my jeep, when i was 6 or 7 years old in a big flat paddock and thought it was the best day of my life, untill dad jumped out while we were going along slowly and said drive up there and come back and get me. I freaked out!!!
So i was sort of thrown in the deep end. From that day onwards i have loved them i guess...

They arent as common either (early jeeps) and most jeep owners own them for the love of them so there is a mutual respect for most jeep drivers, jeeps are also a part of history all over the world and for that reason i think everyone has respect for jeeps when they see one rolling down the road.
I always get comments and chicks waving at me when im driving around in summer with the roof off. Gota love that!!! The burnt orange paint and big black tyres tend to make you stand out a bit.
2018 Harley-Davidson FXFBS
Old 04-06-2006
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default why

the truth is that it doesnt hurt half as much as when you bounce your CJ of fof a tree as it does when you bounce your $60,000 grand cherokee off of a tree
Old 04-06-2006
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking

Because all you guys are a sorry lot , this comes form a very sorry XJ owner that has created a massive level of problems aand headakes only equaled by those that own CJ's.

(MB owners are just special - normally they busy counting number of fingers and toe's they have missing / extra)

He achieved this by selling most of the good factory XJ stuff off to a CJ owner , ripping the vehicle apart and changing the scope of the job ten's of times and blowing the budget by $1,000.00's (Sigh) and then doing to much talking about what he is doing and not enough of doing it.

Last edited by Hic; 05-06-2006 at 02:11 AM.
Old 04-06-2006
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts

All of the above reasons plus me and my wife don't fight over her TJ (now the cj is on the road ),when we go out wheelin (I also have a pajero)
tassiecj6
Old 24-06-2006
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great to see the comments, c'mon keep 'em coming I know there are other CJ owners out there!
Old 24-06-2006
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 133 Times in 100 Posts

For me
it's my Dads fault, we got our first jeep in 1970, it was a 66 cj6 with a falcon motor, didn't mean that much to me then, but I kinda liked the look of it, and really that's stuck with me, a lot happened in between, we even drove that jeep to the UK overland, but I got my own jeep a 56 cj about... maybe 17 yrs ago, I've still got it, it's on it's 3rd engine, and going on 4th, that's what I like about them, so adapatable, get bored just change it, I'm looking toward self sufficency now, so the jeeps getting a diesel, and I'm going to try making bio-diesel.
another chapter begins
but i still have my jeep.