07 jk stopped, now wont crank - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2014
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 07 jk stopped, now wont crank

Yesterday whilst out wheeling my 3.8 jk, the vehicle seemed to stall whist sliding attempting a climb. The traction control chimed, jeep stopped and now wont crank. There is no signal to the start relay or motor, battery voltage is good, no blown fuses i can see.

The vehicle stopped once before a month or so ago and had blown fuse M28 NCG/trans feed. The rated fuse was a 10amp but there was a 30 amp fuse in its place (have recently bought this jeep) i replaced the fuse with a 10 amp fuse, which blew when i tried to start the car, i replaced with a 30 amp fuse and car started and hasn't had a problem since. Thinking there may be a traction control problem that caused the blown fuse. Putting in a 30 amp fuse may have damaged something else (ecu or TICU)?????

any ideas????

any ideas where i can find a wiring diagram online????
Old 09-06-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 42 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodog View Post
Yesterday whilst out wheeling my 3.8 jk, the vehicle seemed to stall whist sliding attempting a climb. The traction control chimed, jeep stopped and now wont crank. There is no signal to the start relay or motor, battery voltage is good, no blown fuses i can see.

The vehicle stopped once before a month or so ago and had blown fuse M28 NCG/trans feed. The rated fuse was a 10amp but there was a 30 amp fuse in its place (have recently bought this jeep) i replaced the fuse with a 10 amp fuse, which blew when i tried to start the car, i replaced with a 30 amp fuse and car started and hasn't had a problem since. Thinking there may be a traction control problem that caused the blown fuse. Putting in a 30 amp fuse may have damaged something else (ecu or TICU)?????

any ideas????

any ideas where i can find a wiring diagram online????
Is there a red key light on the dash when you turn it on? If yes it could be the Wireless Control Module. Try disconnecting the negative battery cable for five minutes. That'll reset the WCM and might help.
Old 09-06-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 119 Times in 68 Posts

Pretty good chance. Increasing the fuse size is never a good idea for anything.

Could very well caused a wire that's shorted to have now spark eroded or melted through multiple wire insulations instead of dropping the fuse. On the up side at least your car didn't burn to the ground.

Last edited by MDK; 09-06-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-06-2014
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hah, i hear they burn well too. I have looked everywhere with no luck on the wiring diagram. Will have to talk to an auto sparky tomorrow i think.
Post New Thread  Reply