Headlight Bulbs 2008 GC CRD - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default Headlight Bulbs 2008 GC CRD

Something weird just occurred.
I needed to replace one of the LED bulbs in my low beam and my manual said 9006. My owners book said the same.
They would not even fit into the hole.
9006 for low beam, 9005 for high beam, says the manual.

Eventually I found that the existing bulb was H11.
I know, it seems weird, but no way would a 9006 even go into the hole.

Comments anyone? Or should I be farmed off to a retirement home?

Old 2 Weeks Ago
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 73 Times in 65 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Had the same thing some time back, the owners hand book is wrong as well. You are right Brockie , so cancel the retirement home application!!
The 2005 WH 3.0crd I own is just about to clock up 380,000km and still doesnt use any oil in 10,000km oil change, even towing 2.5ton caravan. Fuel use is still good too, even when towing the van. No bloody DPF to cause dramas, tows the van like a champion,just love it.Opps off topic a bit, dont know why the globe is H11 on ours, think the US model is 9006 and 9005, and on the WG 2.7 crd I have they are 9006 and 9005 as well.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Established Member

Liked 76 Times in 51 Posts

Hi.
Fwiw, my 2008, UK WH takes a H11 bulb.
I wonder if 9006 is a bulb for the American market and Jeep could not be bothered to update the manual for export version.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5oclock View Post
Had the same thing some time back, the owners hand book is wrong as well. You are right Brockie , so cancel the retirement home application!!
The 2005 WH 3.0crd I own is just about to clock up 380,000km and still doesnt use any oil in 10,000km oil change, even towing 2.5ton caravan. Fuel use is still good too, even when towing the van. No bloody DPF to cause dramas, tows the van like a champion,just love it.Opps off topic a bit, dont know why the globe is H11 on ours, think the US model is 9006 and 9005, and on the WG 2.7 crd I have they are 9006 and 9005 as well.
Thank you so much for the clarification. I'll cancel the 24 hour care.

I've owned mine since 2009. It may not have all of the bells and whistles of todays 4WD's but overall it has been remarkably reliable. 4 batteries and 3 sets of tyres.

Occasional electrical problems the only issue. The CRD is untouched except for a repair to the turbo speed controller last year. I've bought a new one on eBay as Jeep will only sell the turbo complete at $9,660.
After a year the ETC warning light is coming on again and I am hoping that the new turbo speed controller will fix it.

At 203k kms I had been wondering if I was pushing my luck so I am very relieved to hear of your happy 380K kms.
Cheers.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Established Member

Just a thought for others replacing the H11 low beam.

I found that most of the H11 bulbs were described high beam/low beam.
To me that means that only one side of the globe is working on low beam.

Among the mostly high/low on eBay I found a few H11's labeled fog or running lights and "360 degree" illumination.
As the low beam headlight shell incorporates a cone to direct the light to the headlight reflector I have chosen those, thinking that having both sides of the LED lit will give more light than just one.

I guess I will find out if this causes unacceptable light scatter. I do not wish to irritate other road users.

Last edited by Brockie; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:43 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply