dual battery setup - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-05-2016
Established Member

Liked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default dual battery setup

Hey guys, only had the JK a month or so and am working out dual batteries now. i don't want to do the 2 d34 optimas as they're expensive and not enough amp hours for my style of camping. I plan on installing a skinny longer agm under a seat pending enough room. Am thinking something like this Yuasa.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121968859...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I am pretty handy with 12v stuff as have wired up some pretty complex stuff before with solar etc. My question is what sort of charging systems is everyone running? I've got a 2012 3.6L penstar. If I can (not sure about how the alternator works and what voltage it cuts in and out) I was just going to use something like the projecta 100amp kit and wire up my own MPPT solar reg and run it to a 100w solar panel.

Any issues with needing a dcdc or smart charger with the electrics in the wranglers?
Old 29-05-2016
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

G'day chunky,

Here's what I did. you can fit a 105 Ah Remco under each seat.
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=111780

Cheers
Old 29-05-2016
Established Member

Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts

Like jasper im running the Ctec duel as well
i also have set up a bridging solenoid as well for jump-start/winching duty

Sent from my SM-G920I using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Old 30-05-2016
Established Member

Liked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJ View Post
G'day chunky,

Here's what I did. you can fit a 105 Ah Remco under each seat.
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=111780

Cheers
thanks Jasper this is exactly the info I was after. how did you mount the batteries in there so if you are in a crash they don't come flying out?
Old 02-06-2016
RubiconSlammer

Liked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunky_wrangler View Post
thanks Jasper this is exactly the info I was after. how did you mount the batteries in there so if you are in a crash they don't come flying out?
No worries.
Straps. answered in the other post.
Old 05-06-2016
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 169 Times in 108 Posts
Default Standard main and a D31 Marine as deep cycle

I'm using a Projecta DBC150 as the isolator and a Optima D31 marine Blue Top as the deep cycle battery.

it's mounted in the rear beneath the drivers side roll cage, up and out of the way. Mounted an ARB dual compressor on the pax side under the roll cage. It's wasted space so I might as well use it to the max.

It's mounted via a Springtail Solutions MOLLE rack.

Old 05-06-2016
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

I have 66AH under the floor, 40W of solar on the roof and 80w foldup. With just the 80w as long as the sun is out I can camp indefinitely without starting the Jeep (with a 50lt fridge)

Cheers
Steve