Grand price drop - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default Grand price drop

I just saw in the paper you will be able to get into a new Grand for 45k how can they do a 15k price drop . I feel sorry of people that spent more on the old model.

jk Unlimited
Old 06-02-2011
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

For the base V6 its 45K

If I was gonna get one I would get the Limited, 5.7 hemi, with adjustable air suspension.
Looking at over 60K for that I think.
Old 06-02-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

Yes you can still get into one for 45k sounds like the six is a good engine

jk Unlimited
Old 07-02-2011
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 41 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyperth View Post
I just saw in the paper you will be able to get into a new Grand for 45k how can they do a 15k price drop . I feel sorry of people that spent more on the old model.
I don't think thats drive away and it's a petrol. . The previous price of 55 -60 was drive away for a diesel.
Old 07-02-2011
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The WH with the old V6 petrol engine sold for $51K so its not such a big drop.

And the new one does not have much 'fruit'.

No QDII, no air suspension, even comes with cheap Korean tyres.

And back in 2005 when the WH was released it had a lot of high end features as standard, ESP, curtain airbags, QDII, 5 speed Auto, 510nm diesel.

Most of these things have only just become standard features on other cars in the last 2 or 3 years.

The new grand is now a bit old school, still 5 speed when most competitors are 6 speed and new models have 7 speed autos. Air suspension hardly revolutionary and has been on Landrovers for 10 yrs. Hell it must be the only car to be released in 2011 that still uses light globes in the tail lamps.

And before you go big deal, I think this illustrates Chrysler corp's tightness well.

LED lamps never need replacing, come on far quicker that incandescent globes (helps you not get rear ended) and allows for more flexible/attractive tail lamp styling than a square or a circle with a globe in the centre.

But not in the new Jeep to save a few cents, who knows what other corners they have cut, I think I'll keep my WH thanks.

2008 Grand Cherokee CRD
Old 07-02-2011
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fair points.

In my opinion, given how good all of the reviews have been so far and how good it looks on the inside, how well it drives etc I'd gladly sacrifice on minor things like the light bulbs, doesn't seem like a big deal really.
Old 08-02-2011
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Main reason for the price drop is the exchange rate. It used to be 60c. Now's it's 1 for 1.
Post New Thread  Reply