Is this the end?........ - Page 11 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-08-2017

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by Jeep17; 25-08-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 25-08-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn0 View Post
An 06 car is always going to need a bit of work, my cruiser was giving me plenty of problems, such as the fuel injector pipe design issue. An 06 prado is just as likely to have injector problems, a well known design issue that toyota refused to take responsibility for, and that one can be expensive. Patrols of that vintage had the hand grenade diesel, the navara had its issues, you can think of just about any 10 year old car with its design problems.

I have no problem recommending a new Jeep to people, but these things have a lot of electronics and a lot of complex systems in them that are going to be expensive as they age. Some 4wd makers like toyota, mitsubishi and isuzu lag on the innovation front and their products are going to be simpler and cheaper to maintain longer term, but then you miss out on the benefits of the modern stuff, which is ok, but some people like their bells and whistles.

I don't think I'd be holding onto a WK2 10 years on, but maybe it will surprise me, I'll see when stuff starts breaking. The cruiser just got too expensive to keep on the road, and it handled like a pig.
My 17 year old Avalon has had 0 issues apart from general wear and tear.
Doesn't smoke or use oil, transmission is perfect and goes real smooth.
I am frankly too scared to buy another car, as I know nothing will be as reliable. This car has outlasted a few of my other cars, and I dare say will most likely outlast my Jeep.
Old 26-08-2017
Greying Nomad

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

How many different owners has Jeep had in the past 75 years? Why think the Chinese will be worse than the Germans, Italians or Americans?

I just live in hope that whoever owns Jeep will start selling spare parts in Australia at a comparable price to the rest of the world, but I fear I won't live that long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 26-08-2017
RubiconSlammer

Liked 279 Times in 197 Posts

And now there is a suggestion the Great Wall rumour was in order to soften up regulators to allow a hyundai merger:

http://www.atimes.com/fiat-chryslers...oreas-hyundai/

One thing is for sure, FCA are looking to partner up, or sell part or all of their brand. They are just too small to keep up with the big guys.
Old 26-08-2017
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 283 Times in 208 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn0 View Post
[/I]

This is fun, give me another one!
No point in discussing it with someone as fanatical as you, you refuse to see the facts because by accepting them it diminishes you personal purchase validation.

Jeeps are below average cars made by a below average maker this unfortunate fact is born out by every measure, collected reliability data and unhappy ownership experiences. The online world is dripping with unhappy customers and FCA just doesn't care. How many owners of other makes have paid to make their own parody rap song for their lemon purchase? How many people have started a Facebook page and gathered so much attention both online and in conventional media around wrecking and destroying their almost new lemon vehicle? How many owners here have had to deal with expensive and unusual faults on relatively low milage late model jeeps that have been properly serviced and maintained.

They are one of the smallest brands in australia but have almost set the record for recalls, but according to you thats all right the recalls are no big deal.

Anyway you cut or selectively quote articles you cannot escape the fact they are below average reliability, with horrible resale valve and the brand going to the chinese will likely only improve them.

Fiat thinks so much of their new acquisition that they have it on the auction block, just like mercedes did beforehand.
Old 26-08-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 111 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Boy View Post
No point in discussing it with someone as fanatical as you, you refuse to see the facts because by accepting them it diminishes you personal purchase validation.

Jeeps are below average cars made by a below average maker this unfortunate fact is born out by every measure, collected reliability data and unhappy ownership experiences. The online world is dripping with unhappy customers and FCA just doesn't care. How many owners of other makes have paid to make their own parody rap song for their lemon purchase? How many people have started a Facebook page and gathered so much attention both online and in conventional media around wrecking and destroying their almost new lemon vehicle? How many owners here have had to deal with expensive and unusual faults on relatively low milage late model jeeps that have been properly serviced and maintained.

They are one of the smallest brands in australia but have almost set the record for recalls, but according to you thats all right the recalls are no big deal.

Anyway you cut or selectively quote articles you cannot escape the fact they are below average reliability, with horrible resale valve and the brand going to the chinese will likely only improve them.

Fiat thinks so much of their new acquisition that they have it on the auction block, just like mercedes did beforehand.
No.one.cares
Old 26-08-2017
Established Member

Liked 45 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Boy View Post

Jeeps are below average cars made by a below average maker

No, Jeeps are great cars, sold by a$$holes. This is what lets them down most of all.

Every purchase these days no matter what it is can be a mine field. Shit if you really want to whinge about new vehicles and reliability issues try buying a truck. Turbos , gearboxes, diffs, tail shafts falling out, cabin fires, and it go's on..all on new vehicles too. Warranty items yeah...but shouldnt happen to begin with.

Do I love my Jeep, hell yeah, its a gem, best car Ive had
Would I buy off Jeep again..not as long as my arse points down