JK: The Ozbogan Rubicon Unlimited build - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-08-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 39 Times in 24 Posts

Gday mate

I got the Shurflo as part of the Pirahna Power shower kit. We can supply them seperatly though. (as can any Pirahna distributor)

Cheers

Last edited by ozbogan; 27-08-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old 27-08-2014
Established Member

Liked 38 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozbogan View Post
Gday mate

I got the Shurflo as part of the Pirahna Power shower kit. We can supply them seperatly though. (as can any Pirahna distributor)

Cheers
You guys ship to Queensland? Didn't realize you were a distributor - awesome news! You guys have those clamps I was chasing, too? Might have to pm you with an order haha!

What model pump are they? And how much do they go for?
Old 27-08-2014
Established Member

Liked 38 Times in 20 Posts

Is this the pump?

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_527_527
Old 27-08-2014
Established Member

G'day Mate. I'm in qld as well, my shops in Ipswich. I'm not a sponsor on this site though so in the interests of fairness mate if any of the sponsors on this site are also pirahna distributors they should be able to help you out with the pump and the clamps.

The pump I have is this one, pirahna power shower it's a great little unit and does 11.3lt @ 55psi. Really low amp draw as well, can be run dry without damaging, and fully rebuild able should an issue arise. You just have to be careful with it as it can chew through the water pretty quick, which is easy done when your having a good hot shower after a day on the trail. It took us a few trips of emptying our water tank on the first trip but we're starting to get the hang of it now!

Any more info you want on it mate just give me a holler!
Old 01-09-2014
Established Member

Another slow week of work getting in the way of play.

Mounted a pair of Side led bars to the solar panel. I pre wired them when I built the wiring harnesses for the JK, and ran into an issue that I wasn't sure where to mount them once I went a platform rack and mounted the awning etc underneath the rack. Then after a PBR or two had a idea and mounted them to the sides of the solar panel. Easily disconnectable as a unit should I remove the panel, and the fit perfectly inside the profile of the both the panel and the roof rack. These are switched individually (left / right) from inside the vehicle.

Also added a few small things, 100mm conduit holders for transport of things like the HF radio antenna and other long bulky items.

We did get away for a night over the weekend, just a quick trailer - haul down the road to Wivenhoe for a bit of fishing with the boy.

Also got a few new small things for the JK coming this week. The wife bought me a black grill (she wasn't to keen on me painting mine, so she found one on facebook and bought it so we can swap it back out if necessary) and I got a call from a seat cover supplier that my black canvas seat covers I ordered in April might arrive this week!

Last edited by ozbogan; 04-09-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-09-2014
Established Member

One thing that's annoyed me ( purely my own fault) with the jeep is how I can't open my fridge door more then 20 deg or so when extended on my fridge slide. This is because the fridge I have is a big 95l evakool fridge freezer, and the draws I have are fairly high, so the fridge door hits the wiper motor on the hatch anytime we need to use it. So tonight, I removed the rear wiper assembly completely, plugged the holes, and now can open the fridge a little more. Perfect for getting those PBR tall boys out. I didn't use the rear wiper anyway. And cold beer is much more important, and the big 95l means I don't have to sacrifice cold beer for things like vegetables.

Also, since I swapped the eom auto dimming map light fitted rear mirror for the arb rear mirror, I had a plug floating around going nothing in my windscreen pillar. So I found the ground and ign power wires in this plug, backed them out, fitted a deutsch plug, and connected them to a 12v to USB connecter, I passed the little USB through the hole the mirror power comes through in the trim, and now had a handy little ign powered USB power outlet for my traffic camera without having to run any wiring up, over, around or through anything else.

Last edited by ozbogan; 04-09-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old 16-09-2014
Established Member

Another slow week as im saving for my trip over to the states mid next month.

Finally got my OME extended sway bar links, so fitted them to the rear to correct swaybar angles, and swapped the rear OEM links to the front.

Cycled to make sure doesn't hit anything and all good.

Also, the wife bought a jk grille of facebook for me, and I sent it to a friends paint shop to get it painted satin black. Got it back and installed it last night.

The white grille is going to end up as my sons bed head

I ordered a Flashcal the other day from the US, hopefully comes this week!

Repco had a sale on water jerry cans, and I bought 3 of the 10l ones at 6.99ea. Two fit one behind the other perfectly in my wing panel of my drawer system, and the other is a perfect fit under the d/s rear seat. In addition to my 75l water bladder means I have the capability to carry 105l of water if necessary.