What sort of Moderation is wanted on AJOR? - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Hot Topic of week
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2014
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,565 Times in 4,348 Posts

I saw that the thread concerned re-appeared so I posted wishing the seller well & asking him if he had ever tried Chemiweld to fix a cracked head. For some reason, doing so is breaking the "rules", I have PM'ed the mod concerned asking what rule has been broken. The seller is perplexed as to WTF has gone on as he used the template. As I said in my now deleted post, I hope the seller is successful as it sounds like a good XJ update a part from the head. So I guess I have broken this "rule" again. This is not the sort of moderation that should be going on. It gives the impression that some are trying to cover their asses when questioned. Maybe Jimmyb can explain to us all. Is this sort of "gestapo" moderation the future of AJOR? Another member has commented to me that this is nothing short of bullying with some off on a power trip because they have been given the power to delete. I & others look forward to an explanation.
Old 06-07-2014
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 504 Times in 291 Posts

Personally I haven't seen any moderation in the sections that i frequent, that I'd call out of place...... so for me the system as it stands works.

However....... I'm also not that keen of the F you style of moderation...... if someones over being a moderator then move on.
Old 06-07-2014
No Winching

Liked 121 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by layback40 View Post
I saw that the thread concerned re-appeared so I posted wishing the seller well & asking him if he had ever tried Chemiweld to fix a cracked head. For some reason, doing so is breaking the "rules", I have PM'ed the mod concerned asking what rule has been broken. The seller is perplexed as to WTF has gone on as he used the template. As I said in my now deleted post, I hope the seller is successful as it sounds like a good XJ update a part from the head. So I guess I have broken this "rule" again. This is not the sort of moderation that should be going on. It gives the impression that some are trying to cover their asses when questioned. Maybe Jimmyb can explain to us all. Is this sort of "gestapo" moderation the future of AJOR? Another member has commented to me that this is nothing short of bullying with some off on a power trip because they have been given the power to delete. I & others look forward to an explanation.
iT IS QUITE SIMPLE REALLY LB , READ RULE # 9 . continue to ignore this rule and you will be leaving no choice but to ban you till you decide to agree to follow said rules . would have pm`d you but you seem to want to post it up rather than be discrete.(oh you typed something about bs in the thread you are referring too but i see that is not here )

Help support the future of the forum

Last edited by kj69; 06-07-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 06-07-2014
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Please show me how to find these rules. If I go in via your account & go to forum rules. There is no rule 9. All there is ~

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM - AJOR Rules

Although the administrators and moderators of AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM - AJOR will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM - AJOR, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM - AJOR reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

I am not trying to be difficult. I am not the only one who is & has had difficulty following.

Last edited by layback40; 07-07-2014 at 12:22 AM.
Old 07-07-2014
No Winching

Liked 121 Times in 64 Posts

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...php?f=165&a=15

Help support the future of the forum
Old 07-07-2014
Head Honcho

Liked 1,173 Times in 708 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

The Thread Stickys (Rules) are there for a reason. Read Them!!

Many good points brought up, to summarise from an Admin POV:
1. Issues with display on Forsale is Tapatalk issue not Ausjeep
2. Moderators are doing nothing they havnt done for last 12 years
3. Follow the rules and theres no problem, we didn't just make up the rules to be pricks. We made them up from suggestions and feedback by members over last 12 years.
4. We aren't new to this, you may be but we aren't. Just because your other favourite forum does things a different way doesn't mean we will.
5. You joined Ausjeep, therefore you agreed to the rules and guidelines.
6. If you think Yumpet was harsh, go join Pirate4x4 and see how thick your skin needs to be.

Im over it quite frankly. I am sick of people jumping on a soap box to fight someone else's fight. The member who got pulled up didn't bother to contact me, instead I get messages for every other person wanting to tell me how bad the forum is and how bad the moderators are.

Get real people!!

Seriously!!

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 07-07-2014
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Thanks for that, like others I was unaware that Discussion was not permitted on for sale adds.

RULES for AJOR Classifieds READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING
Hi all,

Update : May 2014

9. The Market Place forums are no place for Chit Chat, stay on topic! If you are not buying or interested in buying the item then DO NOT post in the thread, likewise for the Wanted Forum. Your posts will be deleted and if you are a repeat offender you may be banned for a period of time at the discretion of the moderators.

10. All offers to be made by private message (pm)only do not post offers to sellers in the for sale forum.

Last edited by layback40; 07-07-2014 at 10:30 AM. Reason: extra info
Post New Thread  Closed Thread