Duel battery. - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KK Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2016
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 33 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopwrecked View Post
Where are you trying to fit it? Great price. The shape leads to a few options.
The little well in the floor space in the boot.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 51 Times in 38 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse View Post
Got the quote back from the mechanics. Bit pricey for me. Over 1200 and having to install a insulated battery container takes up way to much space. Gonna look at other options.

$1200! That's a lot of coin...must be a redark fitout for that much money?

The Baintech, Thumper or Arkpak options are pretty simple to install and are portable. Thumper and Baintech come with the deepcycle battery. The Arkpak comes with a small inverter. The Thumper has options to come with bigger inverters. All have staged smart chargers.

Early last year I went with an Arkpak as BCF had them on sale for $350 and I had a deep cycle battery already. You could build a smiliar system to these three options and save a bit, but again the three systems are nice portable little packs.

My original battery died two trips ago and I've since replaced the battery with a Bosch Deepcycle plus from Access Antennas, 120A/H AGM, at $300. I bought two of the Bosch batteries. The second one is for a camper trailer build I've just started. These will be connected in parallel arrangement so I wanted them to be identical.

The system is now; a 130w solar panel on the roof rack feeding into a CTEK D250s Dual in the boot connecting to the starting battery and feeding into the Arkpak. The CTEK has a MPPT solar reg and can charge the deepcycle battery bank with alternator and solar simultaneously and its pretty much a ' plug and play' unit. The Arkpak then receives the power from the CTEK and contains the first deepcycle it also then connects to an Anderson port I had installed when I had the rear bar built, see pic.

I'm using this ute undertray box as the 12v fuse panel and battery box.

The trailer I'm converting will have an Anderson connection as soon as I get the chance to install it. This will allow me to hitch up and simply plug in the trailer to the KK's charging system.

By running the battery bank in parallel the camp site will have 240A/H and is hopefully pretty fool proof. The trailer will run a couple of water pumps, fridge/freezer, lighting, tunes and the usual charging station for family and friends phones.
Old 08-04-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 26 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontek View Post
Take a look at this battery. Im thinking of mounting it in the wet area.
http://www.australiandirect.com.au/b...vs0aAnzP8P8HAQ
Ive already cut the botom of the lid wich has given me more room but still need a few mm. Maybe removing the lid all together might make it fit ?

Not sure the width but would it fit in place of the stock jack if you took the wall off and cut out behind? The scissor jack is useless and too short anyway
Old 07-05-2016
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vards View Post
Not sure the width but would it fit in place of the stock jack if you took the wall off and cut out behind? The scissor jack is useless and too short anyway
Thats exactly where I put my Ctek Vards. Great spot to install something as the panel fits back on neatly.
Old 07-05-2016
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Sorry about the crappy iPhone image but here is mine.

I haven't gotten around to getting any shelving/draws yet, but I have a standardised my set-up now, so everything locks in like Tetris blocks. It all sits on a rubber mat too. Even on very rough 4x4ing, everything stays locked in. So that battery never moves from where it is and as Darren said, it's right next to the coffee machine which is awesome just quietly haha.
How many watts is your machine flashy? Espresso or pod? Ive been trying to justify a 'little guy' for a decent cup but the price is a little too much. Mind you I must have wasted at leasr a hundred on little gadgets that just dont make a good coffee.
Old 08-05-2016
Established Member

Liked 35 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopwrecked View Post
How many watts is your machine flashy? Espresso or pod? Ive been trying to justify a 'little guy' for a decent cup but the price is a little too much. Mind you I must have wasted at leasr a hundred on little gadgets that just dont make a good coffee.
It's 350 watts and takes universal pods (common in Europe).

http://www.myyacht.com.au/32/espresso-12/

not in English but here is a video:
Old 08-05-2016
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

Pretty good power consumption, maybe 1 amp max a cuppa. Cheers
Post New Thread  Reply