KK Drivers Post Youir Pics... - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KK Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2009
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 38 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by giki View Post
Looks the goods, hope it goes as well too. Lets hope it is the spiritual successor to the XJ.
Now them's big boots to fill!
Old 01-03-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well its gotta prove itself, theres no other way to be revered by us. Decisions, decisions,decisions. Stick with the XJ or go for this since i am gonna start building my XJ into a capable off roader, not that it lacks anything.
Old 02-03-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 184 Times in 117 Posts

Methinks everyone is entitled to their opinion – even if it is delivered in a frank way.

The Skyslider is probably an effort to sway the would-be Wrangler market – those who do not want the cage intrusion in the UnLTD.

It is a ‘quirky’ gimmick. Probably a bathtub waiting to happen in heavy rain conditions.

The 3.5” Lift height looks like what came as standard on the XJ. The looks of the nice black boxy KK machine should be a factory default instead of the lower slung examples being produced at present.

I have never been a critic of the KK, but have said that it would not be an upgrade path to my XJ in its current form. The Commander should have been the next Cherokee – Chief.

If there is one thing going for the KK, it is definitely the interior and the safety features for the price, although, it would be interesting to see how the market might have responded to this machine if it was run by a 4.0L Powertech I6 engine under the hood. The 3.7L while powerful is not of the original lineage from American, and there are some of us who will never go diesel. The VM meltdowns in the XJ are probably good reason.

I never made up my mind about the KJ, but one thing that never should have happened was the Cherokee name plate on that car. Shoulda been badged differently even if the ‘Liberty’ name was not available in this market.

As for the KK, I think the lower priced Dodge Nitros will kill it [I see more of them], even though they have a dodgy off road capability.

Keep the pics coming...
Old 02-03-2009
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Most of what you say is true, how ever the Nitro will never kill the Liberty. The whole off road scene was never meant for the Nitro and that is why they only have a 1 speed t case.

As far as the skycraper, well It's not for me. If you lived in a state or what ever that never saw snow, cool..... but from what I have heard, the thing is noise and leaks a ton of air. Granted I have never ridden in a wrangler, so I wouldn't know if is just like one....

Here in America, I wish they would have offed a diesel. Heck I wish they would have offered any 4.0, but for what the 3.7 is, It's not a bad little engine

Ok enough pissing here....

Old 02-03-2009
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Personaly I love the KK. The KJ has been a good learing curve for Jeep in general with the market place accepting the ride and handling characteristics of the IFS and R&P steering.

I'll probably end up getting one of these little beauties. The size and internal space is actually brilliant. The KJ's rear seat area and boot were always a groan. And the lift up tailgate is way better imo.

My new prototype coils are on their way up now. I'll be fitting them to a KK this week for height and ride testing.

Cheers
CRDSTU.
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 05-03-2009
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyg View Post
KK on Rock Krawler 3.5” lift

Now thats more like it,still prefer my OLD tj tho
Old 06-03-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes, I like that one too, and the first one I posted (Mopar's "Liberator" KK) with its high clearance front bumper definitely gives it a much more capable look. More offroader, than softroader.
Post New Thread  Reply