Unhappy customer in NZ... - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > New Zealand Jeepers
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-09-2017
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Unhappy customer in NZ...

Last year, my wife decided to purchase a brand new 2016 Jeep Cherokee with the technology package.

Problems started when the car was delivered and was dirty inside and out and with rust on some bolt heads and a seatbelt anchor. Salesman was very patronising to my wife and simply offered to buy her some flowers to make up for it. Not suprisingly she was pretty pi55ed and upset (this was her first ever brand new car) and the experience was pretty poor.

They did fix the issues, but only after I kicked up a real stink and contacted Jeep NZ. The dealership manager suddenly became involved. They apologised and offered a free 12 month service and also a free full groom.

12 months later, car went into dealer and came out without being groomed - despite them being reminded of the promise she had in writing.

Now, we have just found out - and only because we chased them up - that the sat nav maps have not been updated. There are a couple of MAJOR roads (that we know of) which simply do not exist according to the satnav. Now we find out from the service centre that Jeep NZ have not received any map updates for the last 2 years and they have no idea when any will be forthcoming. Pretty pointless paying to have a satnav system in your vehicle if you can't actually use it in some areas. The dealer certianly didn't point this fact out to use - guess he would be worried that we would have gone and bought something else (Wife REALLY wishes she had!!!).

What is going on? Appreciate that this is not entirely the dealer's fault (Though they could have been upfront and honest at time of purchase) but surely Jeep should be able to sort this out. 2 years is ridiculous.

Have tried contacting Jeep NZ themselves and am waiting for them to call me. Hopefully that won't take 2 years.

Rant over

Last edited by Jimmyb; 31-10-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old 25-09-2017
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Im pretty sure the aussie maps are at least 5 years old. No wird from thw dealerships when an update is due. I find my phone navigation runs rings around the in car gps. It's a shame but I prefer to have the traffic delays taken into account when routes are chosen anyway.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 19-10-2017
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben76m308 View Post
Im pretty sure the aussie maps are at least 5 years old. No wird from thw dealerships when an update is due. I find my phone navigation runs rings around more info in car gps. It's a shame but I prefer to have the traffic delays taken into account when routes are chosen anyway.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
That's the best way to go.

Last edited by Jordan Archer; 20-10-2017 at 04:02 PM.
Old 20-10-2017
Greying Nomad

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

I raised this point with FCA Australia some months ago and received a standard "Someone will contact you in the next 2-3 days" response. Naturally enough no-one did, so I copied my original email and their reply onto the Jeep Australia Facebook page. Once again I was told that someone would be in contact with me, and once again no-one has - and it seems my post has been deleted from the Facebook page!

This is a concern that Jeep just want to ignore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 20-10-2017
Greying Nomad

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

This is what I sent to Jeep on 12 Oct.

"This email from FCA Customer Care was sent to me on 19th August. Has FCA really only had 1-2 business days since then?

Dear Chris,

Thank you for contacting FCA Customer Care.

A Customer Service Assistant will be in contact to assist you, generally within 1-2 business days.

A copy of your enquiry follows:

Please enter your question or comments:
["I own a Grand Cherokee Limited which was built in April 2014 and which I purchased in late June of the same year. At the time I purchased the vehicle the mapping in the navigation system was out of date and in the three years I have owned it the discrepancies have, naturally, got worse. In addition the way it selects routes leaves a lot to be desired; recently when returning to Brisbane from Adelaide it tried to take me almost 100km off the shortest route.\r", "\r", "I have been asking for some time when an update will be available with the answer always being \"we don't know, maybe in a few months\". I have also been advised that when (if) an upgrade is available it is likely to cost me several hundred dollars. This I consider unacceptable considering that the navigation system has been flawed since new. I can get a better, efficient navigation system on my phone with maps that are always up to date: however I did not pay an additional $10,000 to buy a Limited rather than a Laredo in order to use my phone for navigation.\r", "\r", "Please advise when an upgrade for my navigation system will be available, and explain the reason why you intend to charge for such an upgrade (assuming that this is your intention). Can you assure me that any upgrade will not only update the maps but will also remedy the current problems with the route selection.\r", "\r", "Regards\r", "Chris Hughes "]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 28-10-2017
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 95 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGBZ View Post
They apologised and offered a free 12 month service and also a free full groom.
12 months later, car went into dealer and came out without being groomed - despite them being reminded of the promise she had in writing.

Rant over
ate least you got a free service

I purchased a brand new Toyota Land Cruiser a year ago. to keep the warranty I have had it serviced twice at the dealer at great cost, and not once has it been washed or "groomed" as they are meant to do

also read any forum and you will find factory satnavs are often woefully inadequate and out of date and require expensive updates
Old 14-11-2021
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Not been on here for ages.
But how many brands are continuing to have in house SATNAV?

Most are now enabling Android Auto or Apple CarPlay so you can easily integrate your preferred NAV app..

Can you imagine the cost to a Brand to have custom up to date maps for the whole world?
Post New Thread  Reply