WK2 Trailhawk Out & About - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 79 Times in 57 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Anyone wanting to lift their steel spring WK2..Well I have here a set of Dobinson medium + heavy duty rear springs + a set of OME rear shocks to suit 40 to 50mm lift..The lot going cheap..I mean real cheap but pickup only or you pay the freight. I have no need for them since my Laredo has left the building and replaced by a Trailhawk.

Also 5 TPMS Sensors suitable for pre-2017 WK2 Grand Cherokee..$200 + postage....Apparently Jeep has changed the sensor code (more digits) on the Traihawk..Mine, for sale, did work on my previous Laredo but not on this Trailhawk.

Plus 6 x 265/65R18 BFG KO2 tyres..2 Brand new (never been on the road) and 4 between 80% - 90%..All for $1300.00 negotiable

This is interesting (Quadra-Lift):

"If your vehicle sags or bottoms out, your air springs may not be maintaining air pressure and need to be replaced quickly. If leaks are present in the air spring, the air compressor will overwork itself to try and maintain your vehicle’s height, causing it to burn out and break down. Other causes of air spring failure include overextending, which can pull the top plate away from the bellows, corrosion of the bellows often due to grease or other chemicals, and abrasions caused by rubbing against debris or another part of the vehicle."

Overextending would be a thing to watch if using the LLAMS Height Controller.

Last edited by Wanderer; 05-09-2018 at 07:51 PM. Reason: added more 4 sale
Old 07-09-2018
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

After my trip, I'm looking at fitting the new Chief Products roof rack 150kg dynamic & 600kg static..Now this brings me back to that often discussed and often misunderstood topic of what can the WK2 actually carry??

4WD Trailhawk 3.0-litre EcoDiesel
GCM = 6099kg
GVM = 2949kg
KW = 2393kg
Payload = 556kg

GVM: Gross Vehicle Mass
GCM: Gross Combination Mass
ATM: Aggregated Trailer Mass
TBM: Tow Ball Mass
KW: Kerb Weight (slightly different to Tare which I prefer)
Payload: vehicle cargo carrying capacity.

Using : GCM= GVM + ATM - TBM
= 2949kg+ 3500kg = 6449kg - 350kg = 6099kg
GTM = ATM - TBM
= 3500 - 350 = 3150kg
Payload = GVM - Kerb Weight
= 2949 - 2393 = 556kg

Now since TBM is part of the GVM when towing:
Available Payload = 556 - 350 = 206kg

Loading up:

Bullbar & Winch approx 100kg (depends on the bar & winch make & add about 7 to 9kg for wire winch cable)
Available Payload = 206 - 100 = 106 kg for passengers, cargo & accessories
Add roof rack, rock rails and aux fuel tank (full) say total 155kg
Available Payload = - 49kg for passengers and effects
Assume passengers (2) = 150kg (skinny wife and no carton of beer)
Available Payload = 199kg overweight.

Hmmm, now 150kg on the roof??...The answer is don't tow I guess.
I welcome all comments.

Last edited by Wanderer; 07-09-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-09-2018
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 158 Times in 112 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Yes, a serious problem for all modern 4WD's.

I run over a weighbridge whenever I can.

Nearly all the vehicles I see in the outback are over weight, most by a fair margin, and many running around town are well over weight without being loaded at all, just the weight of accessories. The insurance companies will be having a field day.

Cheers

Numb Thumbs
Old 07-09-2018
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb Thumbs View Post

Nearly all the vehicles I see in the outback are over weight, most by a fair margin, and many running around town are well over weight without being loaded at all, just the weight of accessories. The insurance companies will be having a field day.

Cheers

Numb Thumbs
Yep' I've seen and followed many...I see where the QLD Gov is looking to get something like $540,000,000 from their speed cameras this year... Guess there is no money in stopping what is obviously an overloaded & towing 4WD..Running them over a weight bridge and at least giving them a warning or a defect notice means police on the roads and that cost money...Easier to set up covert speed cameras in those yellow trailers that look just like roadworks signage etc..Easy money for the Gov coffers but not that much an immediate effect on road safety when the fine comes in many weeks later and only about speed....Forget about the tailgaters and erratic (self-centred) drivers let alone those overloaded vehicles...Seen a few caravan wrecks on the roadside in the 10,000km trip I just did..Wondered if the cause was too much weight aka exceeding the caravan GTM or the vehicle GVM or both (GCM)??...Just a thought...And yes all those dual-cabs with everything that opens and shuts, the boat on top & the BIG caravan...Hmmm??
Old 09-09-2018
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

QLD Police Defect Lifted 4WDs

Hmmm..The secret here is if coming to QLD then don't have more than 2" lift or an engineer's cert for higher

https://www.facebook.com/7NewsGoldCo...6658463605060/
Old 09-09-2018
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Beware..Trailhawk TPMS Sensor Different

New Trailhawk

WK2 Sensor pre 2017

Note the different part No...They don't work with the Traihawk..I tried and so did Jeep

Last edited by Wanderer; 09-09-2018 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-09-2018
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb Thumbs View Post

Cheers

Numb Thumbs
Heard on the grapevine that by 2020 Qld is going to require weighbridge certificates for both van and vehicle
Post New Thread  Reply