Build sheet link and question about stock suspension vs US models - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-01-2022

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Default Build sheet link and question about stock suspension vs US models

I found this site which gives you the build sheet when you put in a VIN, which you can get off a number plate.

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

I can't see any mention of up-country suspension on the build sheets for any WJ/WG vehicles I have looked at which surprises me. I am in NZ and we probably have the same Austria based vehicles that you guys have in Aus. There is many rumours that all export ones came out higher from factory.

I see on some CRD ones it says 'firm suspension' - whether that is the 1" lift vs factory in the US i.e. what they call up-country suspension?

Even the overland V8 VINs I have run I don't see anything that signifies they are higher than the ordinary models from the factory and I know the 1" higher suspension was on all overland models for some years and option on later years.

It seems like VIN I have run in NZ says 'Australia Equipment Group' - unless it means every WJ/WG that came in with the higher suspension? 1" is hard to tell from eyeballing and factory height measurements aren't relevant now as 20 year old springs will have sagged - so its about relative heights, and I am interested in putting spring spacers on to the longest possible factory springs.

Does anyone know how to tell if its got the USA height or 1" higher suspension from a build sheet or shed any light on this?

Thanks
Old 14-01-2022

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Check out my Ride(s)

My understanding is all AU models (except the Overland) came with the upcountry suspension. I have an overland and looked into it, but ended up going for a 2 inch suspension lift regardless. The good news is most australian suspension lifts are measured off the upcountry. So if you don't have upcountry suspension you end up getting close to a 3 inch lift with a 2 inch upgrade so I have read.

You can measure your wheel arch height against the US heights, but with suspension sag it'll be hard to gauge.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Last edited by Breeeen; 14-01-2022 at 02:53 PM.
Old 14-01-2022

Right so perhaps 'australian equipment package' then does relate to upcountry suspension.

Was overland NOT upcountry suspension for Aus?

Your vehicles are made in Austria right? I only have CRD, not sure about V8 but guessing probably made there too?

Yep with sag over years the 18.5" to 18" USA stock kind of hard to relate to as springs will have sagged. Mine measure about that...
Old 14-01-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 284 Times in 209 Posts

The Laredo’s all came with upcountry and underbody protection and overlands did up until end of model year 2003 when it became an option. The Limited’s were sold at std height without protection because the were marketed/sold as urban SUVs.
Old 14-01-2022

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Check out my Ride(s)

There is a pretty detailed thread here on ride heights.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...2rSPhBZR06E07T

Overland, no up country. (Which I always thought was backwards as the Overland get all the under body protection and rock sliders)

Yep, CRDs are made in Austria. Not sure about the V8s.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Post New Thread  Reply